ECOTEK CB-26P?

Hi

While sorting a leak in the boot I found one of these valves which looks as though it has been chopped off. Also on closer inspection looks as though it has been used by a previous owner as a hash pipe!!!! :wonder:

Anyhoo, was thinking of cleaning it up and oiling it and put it back on. Has anyone had experience of this valve and do the claims stack up? even it just saves a bit of fuel it would be worth it, specially when the go for between £20- £30 second hand and £50 and £80 new!!! I'd be pretty p$$ed off if I had paid that and it didn't work.

Edited by Bigphil33

I can say they do work as I fitted one to the wife's old micra 1.0 just to see if they did. Took it to a rolling road at Minimaster's in Penrith. Results - before an impressive 40bhp at the wheels after 44bhp at the wheels. All done within the hour so good honest figure's. The bit about the noise is true however. Paid £29 through the Time's news paper (special offer) Only suitable for N/A engine's

Edited by Mr Bountyfull

As far as I can see they are basically like an adjustable dump valve for your inlet manifold which is said to disrupt and turbulate the air passing through it to achieve better combustable air and apparently depend on how you read the blurb either makes the car run leaner which I dont thinks a good thing on any car but may save on fuel as claimed or run richer, but would assume make it drink more?

Confused.com :wonder:

Read the blurb here: http://www.ecotekplc.com/CB-26P.htm

I supose I can only try it and see if anything changes, as it should fit very easy as seen here to a seat 1.8t 20v

http://www.ecotekplc.com/CB26Pfitting/Seat%20Leon.pdf

As said I'm not looking to gain any horses (or ponies for that matter) but just as a fuel saving option, although I would like to get the car chipped and get a dump valve tsssss noice that would be sweet. :smirk:

Give it to me I'll smoke whats left :giggle:

Hehe that might be all its good for. i'll need to look in all the other orifices of the car and see what else is hiding, might be sitting on a gold mine or a jail sentence :(

I don't understand witch part is leaking.

Any help with a picture?

Sorry mate, see my other posts I had a leak in the compartment to the left in tha boot (estate) and found this valve just lying around in there . Thats not where it should be fitted just where I found it having just bought the car.

They have mentioned this product on 'South Today' on and off over the years. One of the really annoying green supporting reporters transport/environment (with a dreadfully slow manner of delivery where he puts peculiar emphasis on words) seems to think it works on a knackered Volvo he uses for training young drivers. Last time they mentioned it, it was because the bloke that invented it was dying of face cancer.

They have mentioned this product on 'South Today' on and off over the years. One of the really annoying green supporting reporters transport/environment (with a dreadfully slow manner of delivery where he puts peculiar emphasis on words) seems to think it works on a knackered Volvo he uses for training young drivers. Last time they mentioned it, it was because the bloke that invented it was dying of face cancer.

That's karma for you!

Yes its one of those things, I think it would show a definate improvement on carb'd non ecu cars as I've just spent an hour going through the research done on them. the tests all show and improvement on injected cars but we are talking around 0.5% to 7% tops. so i think the only thing if at all you may notice is better throttle response. So yes I think it will work, but will I notice ? probably not. It seems they have put alot of time and money into a gadget that is more or less redundant now with efi/dfi cars. £80 for better throttle response na, For Free (found in boot) worth a punt. :smirk:

Readers looking for an independent view of the CB-26P may like to note that the Advertising Standards Authority ruled against Ecotek on 21st April 2004. The full adjudication is quite long, but in summary, the ASA believes Ecotek do not have any credible evidence that the device does in fact improve economy, emissions or performance. As a result Ecotek are effectively barred from making these claims in normal print advertising (magazines etc).

Hehe that might be all its good for. i'll need to look in all the other orifices of the car and see what else is hiding, might be sitting on a gold mine or a jail sentence :(

Seeing where the part is fitted it's probably what ends up in catch can, that said I have probably smoked worse :doh:

just like to add,used to have a 1.6 peugeot 205 gti,would'nt tick over when cold,fitted one of those ekotec valves,and it completely cured it of that problem.

I wouldn't call that cured... more like "didn't actually find the problem, but the ecocrap valve is mucking around with what some sensor sees enough to make the car work"...

I love these threads :giggle:

Hang on, did somebody in here say they fitted one to an xr3i? don't know where that would go on a k-jet car tbh.. Smells a bit to me.. Nevertheless these Eco valve things are a load of **** and have no actual real value, however I've heard that electric supercharging and a magnet round the fuel pipe can give you another 20 bhp and another 10mpg.

I love these threads :giggle:

Hang on, did somebody in here say they fitted one to an xr3i? don't know where that would go on a k-jet car tbh.. Smells a bit to me.. Nevertheless these Eco valve things are a load of **** and have no actual real value, however I've heard that electric supercharging and a magnet round the fuel pipe can give you another 20 bhp and another 10mpg.

I heard it was 50 bhp 20 mpg :rofl:

I fitted and Ecotek valve to my Golf GTI MKII years ago and it was so good that I took it back off and it has been on the shelf gathering dust for over 10 years!

(Didn't throw it out because I never throw anything out, but you get the picture)