New car - immediate issues on detailing....

samuir1974

Very nice - both of them. Now if the Cooper was in Race Blue...

Cheers Paul - i must admit that the Mini looks good in blue too! :thumbup:

But then again - blue is allegedly a popular colour to get stolen :'(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see you back on the road Ste - and a nice little monster too! Looking good - I dare say all the detailing has been washed and blown away after today's weather! lol. I've wrapped my car up for the winter - just bimbling around in the Ka (and strangely enjoying it!)

Nice to see you back on the road Ste - and a nice little monster too! Looking good - I dare say all the detailing has been washed and blown away after today's weather! lol. I've wrapped my car up for the winter - just bimbling around in the Ka (and strangely enjoying it!)

Cheers Will. Glad to have my own wheels again that is for sure. :)

1 month driving 1.0 Micra and 1 month in a Fiesta 1.25 was tough. :giggle:

It was nice to see the awesome beading on the Mini this morning though.... :thumbup:

Trying not to spend too much on mods - as it is just a stop gap (perhaps);

but the 1.6 turbo engine is nice, the Milltek exhaust sounds very meaty and

the go-kart handling is a lot of fun!!! :yes:

Great looking car Steve, my missus has an R55 Cooper, cracking little motors, damn shame that I don't get to drive it that often :thumbdown:

Glad you got things sorted out in the end.

Great looking car Steve, my missus has an R55 Cooper, cracking little motors, damn shame that I don't get to drive it that often :thumbdown:

Glad you got things sorted out in the end.

Cheers buddy! Yes - they are lovely cars and plenty of fun - always wanted one

and right now seemed like the perfect opportunity to give it a go. Might only be

a short term thing..... but its had plenty of nice comments and its easy to

modify too. :thumbup:

I said i wouldn't spend too much on it..... but already started modifying... :S

Try a product called goo gone to get the label and residue off.. works wonders in pretty much any application!

The real solution, as Alan said was patience and use of a hair drier. Job done! :thumbup:

Then i guess some de-greaser to remove the remaining residue and outline from however many years.

Yes Megs was used. I am looking for a more suitable alternative;

thanks for the link Chris :thumbup:

If you can afford the C4, as I know things are tight........ ;) , then it's a no brainer, super durable with awesome results....... :thumbup:

If you can afford the C4, as I know things are tight........ ;) , then it's a no brainer, super durable with awesome results....... :thumbup:

Thanks Simon - always looking after my pennies! :thumbup:

With mates like you.... :giggle:

I wouldnt advocate that either..Its for tyres only

Get some of this Steve:

http://www.theultima...m-restorer.aspx

Not cheap but semi permanent!

It will not do any harm either, Steve will need 2 bottles, ,to do the whole plastic arches and trim as there is so much of it, it is only 15ml, that is 3 medicine spoons, I used G1 on my windows ( 15ml) and only just had enough ,and if he only gets one he will have to pay postage , under £50 :S

It will not do any harm either, Steve will need 2 bottles, ,to do the whole plastic arches and trim as there is so much of it, it is only 15ml, that is 3 medicine spoons, I used G1 on my windows ( 15ml) and only just had enough ,and if he only gets one he will have to pay postage , under £50 :S

In all fairness Alan you can buy different sizes of C4 and you shouldn't use a lot at all, even on a Mini, the trick is less is more, just like Zaino, it goes a long way..... :yes:

Just what I was going to say......"Less is more Alan" :giggle:

Hes still learning Simon ;):giggle:

You patronising git Chris,that is why I used your rotary on your daughters car as you were too scared to :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Catching up again....

This looks great. Lovely colour.

Surprised you replaced with runflats actually, were you not tempted to fit 'proper' tyres? The ride difference is quite noticeable.

Looks like you're sorted with products for it, so I won't suggest any more! :)

Cheers Wardy. I was tempted by proper tyres, absolutely - but as i'm not sure i'll keep it too long;

felt i best keep it reasonably standard and as intended.

I love the colour i must admit..... and its got firm suspension and great handling.

Just trying to resist spending on a remap :giggle:

Got the water pump recall issue to deal with. Although BMW-Mini havent released the parts list to dealers yet! lol