'Stick on' SKODA stickers for wheel trims

oldstan

In connection with my independantly sourced wheel trims on the 16" steel wheels (wasn't it a good job we all fitted winter tyres this year? :( )...... Ebay seem to have the flat vinyl 60mm self adhesive stickers for about a fiver http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/55mm-Skoda-wheel-center-logos-Emblem-Sticker-decal-/140344601109?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20ad30aa15

OR the 50mm domed resin coated jobbies http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-60mm-wheel-center-logos-resin-Sticker-decal-/130428424514?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e5e23d142 for a bit more

Both from the same seller (who says that the resin ones fade in time).

Having neither gone for the VW Transporter black caps or the Skoda RIF proper jobs, I remember seeing someone on here use one of these 'less expensive' solutions. Anyone remember which one was recommended? In the absence of advice I'd go for the flat vinyl ones as they might stay put for longer?

Next problem is to decide whether to put this on the Yeti forum or the general one. Still smarting from last years debacle and don't post very often these days. Anyway, 'Seasons Greetings' to one and all (well, most anyway... :) )

Edited by oldstan

I used the 60mm flat ones on some £13 trims from the local parts place.

Been on a month and no problems yet with them fading or coming adrift yet.

Nice cheap, reasonable looking solution.

P1200966small.jpg

I used the 60mm flat ones on some £13 trims from the local parts place.

Been on a month and no problems yet with them fading or coming adrift yet.

Nice cheap, reasonable looking solution.

P1200966small.jpg

Ta for that.

Having neither gone for the VW Transporter black caps or the Skoda RIF proper jobs, I remember seeing someone on here use one of these 'less expensive' solutions. Anyone remember which one was recommended? In the absence of advice I'd go for the flat vinyl ones as they might stay put for longer?

Just note of caution once again: VW Transporter T5 caps DO NOT FIT on the Yeti since they have a 5x120 stud arrangement and not the 5x112 as required.

As to the stickers. I got flat ones from eBay and I wanted to glue them to my domed VW Caddy caps. But the moment I put the Evo Stick on the back this ate through the backing and I could clearly see exactly where I had squirted the glue from the FRONT! emoticon-0106-crying.gif So that ruined the sticker. OH well. In the end I bought the ready made alloy wheel centres that Ejstubbs suggested and just clipped them into my centre caps.

Further thanks for advice. I've ordered some self adhesive ones from Ebay and will probably run a film of clear mastic round the edge of the aforesaid to try and keep them in place. TBH it's not exactly crucial as the trims were only about £12 from Maccess......I reasoned that if I did inadvertantly scrape one, I could just buy another set of 4 and replace one. With the standard alloys/tyres there's quite a decent protection to the alloys by the 'ballooning' of the tyre and the wheel is recessed enough to prevent a scrape in the event of an occasional ....ahem... 'touch' of a tyre on a kerb (hasn't happened yet but will one day)....whereas the winter wheel/trim does beg to be scratched as it's more aligned with the tyre wall and it wouldn't take much of a misjudgement to scratch one.

For my winter tyres, I bought a set of VAG alloys from ebay, they have a 70mm centre recess.

The centre badges came also from ebay, £9.99 plus £1.99 postage. ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260759875855?ssPageName=STRK:null:IT )

I masked up the wheel and gave the recess a good degrease and then a thin coating of spray adhesive,

the badges had adhesive on the back, so they stuck down well. They are still in place, having been up to the legal speed limit and have done 500 miles.

Oh yes, they look good also!