New brakes!

wilsy7

Hey guys,

Just about to purchase new discs and pads for my 312 and 256 calipers and carriers that I bought recently. Just before I take the plunge can you confirm these are correct, fairly certain they are tho :) thanks :)

http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_33_647&products_id=18460

Are your rears upgraded also?

What is the standard size on the rear of the fabia?

Nothing is uprated just yet but I now have it all ready to go once those bad boys arrive lol cheers guys :)

Tough, I just did ;)

Techie ive had the brakes about a month now in my garage and the previous owner didn't get fitting them to his car as he sold up, my mechanic Said that when they sit a while they can stick or something to put a bit of lubricating oil under the deal? So I add a bit of assembly oil around the rubber to hopefully keep them sweet. What are your views? Thanks

Techie ive had the brakes about a month now in my garage and the previous owner didn't get fitting them to his car as he sold up, my mechanic Said that when they sit a while they can stick or something to put a bit of lubricating oil under the deal? So I add a bit of assembly oil around the rubber to hopefully keep them sweet. What are your views? Thanks

If you are meaning running some ordinary oil down behind the dust covers of the callipers, then I'd reckon that the seals would not like that much - maybe just wash it out using meths and then run some brake fluid in to reduce the chances of the bores getting corroded. Also, after that maybe store these bits somewhere dry like an airing cupboard!

If you are meaning running some ordinary oil down behind the dust covers of the callipers, then I'd reckon that the seals would not like that much - maybe just wash it out using meths and then run some brake fluid in to reduce the chances of the bores getting corroded. Also, after that maybe store these bits somewhere dry like an airing cupboard!

Is it safe to wash round the deal etc? using an apc or the like?