Curtain closer

newskoda

Over the last few months, I have been getting increasingly annoyed by my brother (he's older than me)going into my bedroom and closing my curtains. This may seems like a strange post but I'm hoping you can shed some light (pardon the pun) on this. Please answer this seriously and honestly.

The situation is this, in my study where my computer is, I don't like the curtains being opened because the light reflects onto the screen which is very annoying. So the curtains are always kept closed. I usually am up at around 6am doing my work in there. When my brother gets up at around 10am he waits for my room to be unoccupied and creeps into there to open the curtains. I go back in there after a tea break and annoyingly have to close them. I have told him not to do this several times. I then closed my curtains then again left the room. A few minutes later he appears to open them AGAIN!! I have told him to Stop doing this ABout 4 or 5 times in the last few months. He continues to do this everyday. Yet this morning he did it again and although it seems trivial when a person keeps repeatedly doing it i start believing its being done to irritate me.

This morning was the last straw so I went downstairs and closed the curtains in the dining room. I did this to make him understand because he clearly isn't listening to me. he did not like this (as I closed his previously opened curtains) and claims I am being immature as I retaliated.. Yte I have told him not to keep opening my curtains as the light causes problems with my screen. I also have a sensitivity to light and sometimes it can cause me problems which leads to reduction of fluid in my eyes.Dry eyes.I have been on medication for this to treat it but unfortunately the doctors say it is a ailment I will be stuck with forever.

What do you think of this? could he have some kind of mental disorder? or is he doing it to annoy me? He has stated I am immature for closing the curtains downstairs.

Edited by newskoda

It's daytime. People like to see daylight, it's natural.

Who wants to be in the dark at day??

Your bro just doesn't want to be in the dark at daytime perhaps.

As i mentioned before the reason I keep the curtains closed (not fully) is because bright lights tend to cause me discomfit especially when exposed to it for along period of time. I have special glasses for the outdoors but where my room is its right need the window so can be unfortable.

Does he need access to your study for something in particular??

if not, then fit a lock on it to keep him out.

I think he should be more sensitive to your needs.

How old is your brother??

I think you both need to grow up!

But life would be so dull if everyone got on, nobody exceeded the speed limit, flashed their full beam at someone or heaven forbid, put their front fog lights on!!

It looks like abit of sibling p1ss taking to me, and that's part of growing up.......... Fortunately rather than unfortunately.

Edited by taff170

Paint over the windows. Solves the curtain problem.

lol yes that has crossed my mind, but you know what although I'm glad the funny side of this is evident and i'm actually smiling now.Thanks guys.

The best solution is to ignore him. My other solution was to padlock the curtain rings which would work, but rather than give him the satisfaction I'm just going to move out and be done with it.

Does he need access to your study for something in particular??

if not, then fit a lock on it to keep him out.

I think he should be more sensitive to your needs.

How old is your brother??

Yes totally agreed there. I tend to mind my own business afterall.

No he doesn't need to access my study. Everything in there is mine. I think its quite possible he may have OCD.

He's 35.

He's 35? How old are you? In your thirties, too?

Bloody hell. This is the sort of behaviour I get from my two under-ten year olds.

If I were you, I'd have a good look at myself and my behaviour, and have a bloody word with myself.

I'm amazed that you're not too embarrased to write that on a public forum.

Yes totally agreed there. I tend to mind my own business afterall.

No he doesn't need to access my study. Everything in there is mine. I think its quite possible he may have OCD.

He's 35.

Simple, fit a lock on the door.