To fold up the middle rear seat completely.

My Dad passed me a clipping from the Honest John column in the Telegraph a few weeks where someone was complaining that it was impossible to roll up the Yeti middle rear seat properly.

I felt compelled to contact them as I too had suffered from this initially until I read the manual more carefully.

I thought I'd share the trick if anyone else wonders how its done...

1) Remove the head rest

2) Fold the seat back down in the normal way

3) Pull the seat back lever again whilst pressing the seat back down further into the squab. It will drop another few inches - thus making the whole package thinner and allowing the seat to fold up against the centre column/ air vent.

4) Release the lever to lock it in place.

So essentially, when its folded down - sit on it and fold/ squash it some more.

I noticed Honest John has amended his Yeti review to include this info now.

Simples!

Edited by Guest

Or push down the headrest like on the outer seats, fold the back flat onto the squab, lift the seat squab part way, reach under & disengage the clips underneath, lift out slightly until it can rotate to vertical and then stand back on its rubber feet vertically, between the side seats. Quick and easy. Faster than taking off the headrest as well and it stays secure in the seat top. As itts only the centre seat that has the rubber feet, I am sure this is what Skoda intended.

Personally I have been unable to compress mine further so the above did not work for me. Perhaps its the leather seats.

Or push down the headrest like on the outer seats, fold the back flat onto the squab, lift the seat squab part way, reach under & disengage the clips underneath, lift out slightly until it can rotate to vertical and then stand back on its rubber feet vertically, between the side seats. Quick and easy. Faster than taking off the headrest as well and it stays secure in the seat top. As itts only the centre seat that has the rubber feet, I am sure this is what Skoda intended.

Personally I have been unable to compress mine further so the above did not work for me. Perhaps its the leather seats.

Mine are not leather seats - just normal SE trim.

Strange that Skoda would have different seat mechanisms for different models - although I did read somewhere that Yetis without climate control (and thus no rear centre air vent) may have different seats as they don't have the air vent obstructing them.

You do need to hold the lever when you compress the seat back down.

In both my yeti se trim yetis I have folded the rear middle seat down and pushed it further down to roll the seat up,(removing the headrest first) I find it the best way don't have to lift the seat to move it and fiddle around to put it back headrest is stored in the rear footwell under the outer folded seats.

Don't like the thought of an unsecured seat flying around in an accident :o , only takes a few seconds to remove the headrest much safer, and as far as I know all the seat mechanisms are the same and will fold low enough to let the seat stand up.

Strange that Skoda would have different seat mechanisms for different models - although I did read somewhere that Yetis without climate control (and thus no rear centre air vent) may have different seats as they don't have the air vent obstructing them.

I think you will find the only differences in seats is the covers!

I have just tried to roll the seat forward as suggested above. I have noticed that the feet that the centre seat rests on when it is standing upright, foul the floor of the Yeti. With the seat pushed flat as much as possible there is a gap between the seat and the Jumbo box. I can not get mine to roll forwards as described above.

I have long realised that you can do the same for all 3 seats to make them lie flat.

Nearside rear seat in 'normal position:

post-36710-0-90258400-1326054211_thumb.jpg

Nearside seat in pushed flat position, which headrest extended, otherwise it stops them from folding flat.

post-36710-0-95925200-1326054206_thumb.jpg

Just needs a bloody good shove - leather seats will go!

One day I might go and see how this seat folds. In over a year of ownership I've never folded it up. I just take it out and leave it home when I need the space. :giggle:

It is however terrible that something that should be so simple can require so many interpretations and ways of doing it! Yikes. Is the centre seat on a Roomster as problematic? Or does a Roomster not have the centre air vents that fouls (some) Yetis up?