Electrical issues

A need a wee bit of advice if anyone can help, went to fit a dragon tuning box to my fabia vrs this afternoon and it did not like it one bit!!!! Connected it all up as instructed to started the car up and it shuddered and stalled, tried to turn the car over again and no power. Tried to jump start but to no avail, check a few fuses, higher amp ones and suddenly the dash display had life showing mileage but had reset the time. When i turned the car over the eml, coil light and steering whell light came on and would not turn off. The coil light was also flashing, switched it on and off a few times but the same thing still happened. Car sounds ok but do not want to risk driving it. Without using a code reader is there anything anyone could advise??

Thanks

Sounds like the tuning box is faulty and has shorted out the can-bus. You will need to get a VCDS scan to check for ECU damage. Hopefully it will just need faults cleared, but you never know.

Sounds like the tuning box is faulty and has shorted out the can-bus. You will need to get a VCDS scan to check for ECU damage. Hopefully it will just need faults cleared, but you never know.

The eml light and coil has cleared but the power steering light is still on. Ill take the fuse out and retry it and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks though

Hi, First thing to do is recheck all of the changes/modifications that were made as sometimes you can get wires crossed,and if that checks out OK then I would disconnect the mods and at least put the car back to how it was before (running !) and like people are saying have it checked for faults with VCDS and hopefully its not damaged one of the ECUs. good luck - Sparky2

:thumbup: Good at least you have the car back running again ! you could do with scanning it now to check its not damaged anything. cheers - Stuart