Variable boot floor

I have a 4x4 Superb Estate that landed at Grimsby last week and should be ready for collection from the dealer on Tuesday. However I had ordered a variable boot floor, but the dealer has just told me that this "is no longer available as an option on the Superb 4x4 estate". Does anyone know anything about this as it seems odd to me that I should only be told about this at this stage in the purchase transaction?

I bloody hope not, mike should have been built and leaving the factory this week. There will be a few choice words if the variable boot is not there! I think it's more likely your being fobbed off.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Mr Milo

I went to check on Skoda.co.uk's website, but, the "Car Configurator currently unavailable" - Maybe they are removing the Variable boot option?! :wonder:

Even if it's not there, you'll love the car, but do ask for a discount because it aint what you ordered and should have been advised!

Al.

Spoke to the dealer this morning who said that it's to do with the 4x4 transmission, but confirmed that the variable boot floor is NOT available now for the Superb estate 4x4.

I bloody hope not, mike should have been built and leaving the factory this week. There will be a few choice words if the variable boot is not there! I think it's more likely your being fobbed off.....

Ditto, mine is due in shortly having been built last week with the 4x4 transmission.

I have a 2011 4x4 170 estate, this is fitted with the variable boot floor. I cannot see any reason why it should not be available, the car has not been remodelled so should be the se car.

I have a 2011 4x4 170 estate, this is fitted with the variable boot floor. I cannot see any reason why it should not be available, the car has not been remodelled so should be the se car.

Ditto. To reduce costs, they use the same body on all models. If they didn't, the non 4x4 would have a flat floor in the rear seat area. You can have the variable boot floor put in as an extra, so it's gonna be possible

Josh

I ordered the variable-boot floor as an extra a few days after placing the order for the car, i.e back in October '11, but was told last Friday 6/1/12 that it is not available for the 4x4. As already said, the dealer confirmed this this morning (by phone). I shall contact Skoda UK tomorrow for precise details of the situation in this regard (as I really would like a V.B.F. if at all available) and will update you when I have done so.

I am due to collect the Superb tomorrow afternoon.

Ask your dealer to let you see the newsletter/bulletin from SUK outlining this spec change for Superb 4x4.

If they manage to produce it, ask why you were only informed once the car turned up

Skoda UK confirm it is NOT available on Superb Estate Elegance 4x4. It also can't it be retro fitted, apparently. So, looks like I'm stuffed.

I await the call with baited breath from my dealer telling me I can't have it either.

Did they explain why? Have they changed something in the technical implementation of the 4x4 system that affects the boot height ?

Seems bizzare !

Annoying no knowing the why.

I await the call with baited breath from my dealer telling me I can't have it either.

Just got an email from the dealer. My car (3.6 4x4 Estate) built wk 1/2012 has all options fitted as requested and that includes variable load floor.

Guess i'll have to wait and see.

Obviously these cars are split either side of some updates. Must have been a fundamental change in the transmission design to warrant the lack of variable boot floor on the newer models.

Obviously these cars are split either side of some updates. Must have been a fundamental change in the transmission design to warrant the lack of variable boot floor on the newer models.

Don't understand if OldBeano car built before mine, why the difference ?

I see yes, OldBeano's was built before yours but you've got it.

Very strange - have just checked the brochure online and there is nothing to suggest that the VBF cannot be ordered with the 4x4 Estate. Someone is telling porkies?

I ordered the VBF for my Greenline Combi, but was quickly informed by the leasing company that this option was not available on the Greenline due to the additional weight (ie. emissions).

• 6 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but has anyone had a new 4x4 delivered recently and did it have a variable boot floor (if spec'd)? This thread has me worried as I have configured a 4x4 (Elegance) with the VBF option and at no point was there any indication that it's not available.

Edited by Yearofthegoat

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but has anyone had a new 4x4 delivered recently and did it have a variable boot floor (if spec'd)? This thread has me worried as I have configured a 4x4 (Elegance) with the VBF option and at no point was there any indication that it's not available.

Depends on what you mean by recently. Mine was delivered end Jan and came with Variable Load Floor, as ordered.

At the time I phoned Skoda UK and they told me they had no knowledge of VLF being discontinued on 4x4s.

Following meeting with local dealer, variable boot floor is available as an option on a 4x4. Whether it would subsequently turn up with one is perhaps another matter, but the 4x4 car can certainly be spec'd with one.