For sale - does anyone know this car

This is my first posting here chaps, go easy! Im looking at Mk2 VRS Octavias and noticed this one...I dont suppose a member has previously had it, or anyone knows any history at all behind it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-SKODA-OCTAVIA-FSI-VRS-/150725356432?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2317ee6b90

Cheers for any input.

If its an option to you id go for similar car but totally standard for less money and then if you want to mod it do it your way exactly to your taste!!

Good Luck and happy hunting let us know what you do.

doesnt look that bad , all the mods carried by awesome gti which are a reputable company dont think it will have 300bhp maybe 270ish. it depends what you want some people might buy a standard car and pay and have those mods fitted, there is always a risk with cars like this but the previous owner has obviously spent some money on it.

I was admiring that car recently - I like them in red; must be one of the rarer colours?

If you are intending on modifying the car anyway, you could save money by buying modified. Most people are put off by modifications so a modified car will sell for less than a standard car. By the time you've bought a standard car and then modified it you'll end up spending much more.

Excellent basis for a K04 conversation that car - could save someone a small fortune.

Very hard to sell though - mine was modified to a similar spec and I didn't get much interest. I'd also be wary about taking it on unless the standard parts were included as you'd have a much easier time selling it on when the time came.

make a low offer? as timmy has said highly modded cars are harder to move on - people assume it will be more likely to break, use more fuel and be harder to maintain, plus it'll cost more to insure... and they (probably quite rightly!) assume the previous owner has had it bouncing off the rev limiter every time it's been driven :)