New Yeti due!

Moonman2

Hopefully I'm getting a new Yeti tomorrow! It's been a long wait ...

What sort of mileage is likely to be on the odometer? As far as I know it was dropped off at the dealers from some car-transporter. Does the factory take them for a few laps of some test-track before they ship them out?

I think mine had 4 or 5 miles and that included going to fill the diesel tank up for me.

I did look online before collecting mine to see if there was an average amount of miles a new car would have on it(my first new car), but found no info. Considering i had to wait less that a week for a Diesel yeti, i was looking for a 'catch', but still not found one!

What sort of mileage is likely to be on the odometer? As far as I know it was dropped off at the dealers from some car-transporter. Does the factory take them for a few laps of some test-track before they ship them out?

From memory both mine had 7miles on the clock.

Yours may have more Duncan was not there this afternoon and can't see your yeti :wonder: if he is running it in for you.

It was round the back getting some TLC :giggle:

From memory both mine had 7miles on the clock.

Yours may have more Duncan was not there this afternoon and can't see your yeti :wonder: if he is running it in for you.

It was round the back getting some TLC :giggle:

Ha-ha! You had me going for a moment there :)

The TLC didn't involve knocking out any dents or anything did it? ;)

I think mine had 4 or 5 miles and that included going to fill the diesel tank up for me.

I did look online before collecting mine to see if there was an average amount of miles a new car would have on it(my first new car), but found no info. Considering i had to wait less that a week for a Diesel yeti, i was looking for a 'catch', but still not found one!

A week? How did you manage that?

Yours will have 844 on there, oh, and the airbag worked emoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Sorry about the paintwork emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Wouldn't worry about it too much as it doesn't tell you how many miles the car car covered before you get it. Pretty sure the dealer can reset it once before delivery via the computer.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/63596-acceptable-delivery-mileage/

Edited by servicepoint

Ha-ha! You had me going for a moment there :)

The TLC didn't involve knocking out any dents or anything did it? ;)

No they got it back from the body shop yesterday :rofl:

Think it was in the workshop, I could see a white front end through the workshop door, enjoy your new monster B) tomorrow, they are doing an off road trip on Jan 27 I may go for the afternoon run, if you can make it would be nice to meet up.

As for fuel usually get about a quarter of a tank.

Do they come with a full tank of petrol? Diesel. I still call it petrol after all these years.

I got the tank of fuel as part of the negotiations, I think it was something like, 'ok sir, we've given you a total discount of £2100, and thrown in floor and boot mats, but that is all we can do', 'ok that's fine, but I do expect all new cars to come with a full tank of fuel', salesman whimpers back to manager....

I'll keep you posted! Off to get it this afternoon <beams>

Spotted a highly polished white yeti at 4.15pm at station garage with a happy looking moonman2 and good lady standing behind it B) .

Looked good from the road as I went past, hope your pleased with it :thumbup:

Spotted a highly polished white yeti at 4.15pm at station garage with a happy looking moonman2 and good lady standing behind it B) .

Looked good from the road as I went past, hope your pleased with it :thumbup:

That would be us :)

Very pleased with it. Didn't really get much experience of the car coming home (apart from fiddling with buttons as I sat at traffic lights) as it was rush-hour - average speed 11 MPH for the first hour! I was out in the evening, but just town driving so didn't do much there either, except on one short stretch of 60MPH - seems quite nippy already, though I'm hoping it will get quicker as the engine loosens up a bit. No idea how long that takes for diesels, though I shall (mostly) be driving gently for the first 1000 miles or so. But will probably take it out for a little jaunt this weekend :)

4.5 miles on the clock and a third of a tank of petrol (diesel, diesel-diesel-diesel, must remember, can't recall if the nozzle for petrol fits a diesel tank or it's the other way around, diesel-diesel-diesel), so no complaints there.

Just have a 240 page manual to read now ...

Just have a 240 page manual to read now ...

You mean you haven't already read the online version to while away those long nights whilst you waited for the Yeti to arrive.

Shame on you :giggle:

Yes an Unleaded petrol pump nozzles fit easily into diesel car filler neck. so might be worth putting a sticker on the filler cap or fit one of these or one of these

Edited by Big Rich