DSG Problem ?

Well my 140 DSG (Aug 10) has been in the dealers for 2 weeks after it appears to have had a DSG problem, juddered sometimes when changing 5 - 6 at lowish speed. they fitted a new mechatronic unit and I got it back Thursday. It was ok Friday to work (20 miles) but yesterday and a long run (50 miles) the judder came back :( so it's not fixed. Back to the dealers on Monday who have no idea what it is and there is no error code in the read outs !!!!!

Edited by alan1467

It could be the clutch pack, otherwise they would need to replace the whole DSG, give them a deadline otherwise you want a replacement car. i went through s similar thing, oh and always try and deal with the supplying dealer, claim via SOGA not warranty and if its on finance get onto them as well.

thanks for the info, it's 14 months old not on finance bought new by me and I am using the supplying dealer, can i ask for a replacement car?

You can, but you need to give them resonable chance to rectify, they would be unlikely to just hand over the keys to a new car BUT they should make every effort to fix the issue. Its critical to give them deadlines otherwise they'll farm you off with loan cars and fob offs till you get fed up and sell it. Send them a letter stating that expect the fault to be resolved within 7 days. I would speak to consumers direct as well.

The car must be fit for purpose and of suitable quality and durability, you might be entitled to a replacement and/or compensation. Did you use a credit card to pay for a deposit?

Thanks, no I used a debit card to pay the deposit, the main problem is that they don't know what the fault is and when they road test it it never happens, which is typical, they more or less guessed at the mechatronic unit as they had some failure on this before.

Edited by alan1467

Well still no further forward with this, went on a 30 minute road test when the technician and it did it twice :) . Back at the dealers they said they had no idea what it was and would contact Skoda tech. still waiting of them coming back to me :(. just been out in it and it juddered 3 or 4 times when changing from 5 to 6 and 5 to 4. I am now getting to the point where I just don't want to use the car

Get the car back to them and insist on a loan car.

If your car is taking up space in their garage and you are tying up one of their courtesy cars you might be surprised how quickly things progress!

Sounds like a Duel Mass Flywheel problem to me, get them to reset the 'box and throttle pedal with there computer. and see if that makes a difference, if not it will probably be the DMF, cured mine :thumbup:

Think it's a case of telling them, also you could get customer services involved as they can sometimes speed things up, especially if you tell them you worked at Ford Motorsport, so you know what your talking about.

The bill for my DMF was just under £1000, but covered by warranty.

Despite not being any fault codes they should be contacting technical with the reporting obligations form. They can look down all the data from the gearbox, some 250 different measure blocks and see if anything is out of place. We have a few updates for the gearbox, some of which require a measure code to implement so if they haven't asked for assistance they won't get the update to fix the issue.

They might need to change the clutch pack, I had mine done. I would have left the car with them and asked for a loan car, otherwise you'll just get forgotten about. I'd be down there first thing tomorrow and leave them the keys and a letter giving them 7 days to fix the problem, you might need to force the issue!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hijack this thread but how did you get on? Please read my thread found here - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/229810-problem/page__st__60

I'm currently in a hideous replacement car and they still aren't 100% sure what's up, and the cars on finance so im paying monthly for something I haven't driven/can't drive until a week or so yet.

Well so far mine has had a mechatroinc unit, a full clutch pack and that did not solve it, now they're fitting a full new transmission . It's been going on since 4th Jan and I have only had my car for two weeks since then but atleast the dealer give a new 1.6 Octavia TDI loan car

Edited by alan1467

That's not good, so we could have a similar issue with our dsg. They are adamant its mechatronics. Im positive that won't solve anything, get me my hat though as I will eat it if it comes back fixed this week.