auto dimming driver side mirror

jester911

Hello Everyone,

I'll have a question. I recently noticed that the rear view mirror is dimming at night as expected and so the driver's side mirror too.

but the passenger side mirror does not dim (middle is blueish color to minimize beams of other cars-if mis-expalined).

I thought that passenger side mirror was malfunctioning, but the dealer said that, this dimming function is only for rear view mirror and driver's side, it was not avaliable in passanger side. This sounded a little weird to me.

so does anyone know that if both side mirrors are dimming in your cars? or all SM are made with only one side mirror with this funciton

thanks!

The dealer is correct. Only the driver's mirror and the interior mirror dims.

Thank you very much, that was really fast :)

I had many different cars, and this is the best forum by far.

this forum makes me love my SM much more.

take care guys

The dealer is correct. Only the driver's mirror and the interior mirror dims.

Just a quick question, the spec sheet from Skoda Ireland mentions

"Electrically adjustable auto-dimming heated external mirrors and Boarding Spots – entry area illumination" as standard for the Elegance model. Does the car have to have the autodimming interior mirror to have the auto-dimming external mirrors? I ask this because mine does not have the auto-dimming interior mirror and so I assume can't have the other. I don't know if its because its the Greenline or because Skoda ireland reduced the spec without saying. I say this because they appear to have dropped the rain sensing wipers (maybe they all come as a package) on the sly as well.

Edited by Photoemt

"Electrically adjustable auto-dimming heated external mirrors and Boarding Spots – entry area illumination" as standard for the Elegance model. Does the car have to have the autodimming interior mirror to have the auto-dimming external mirrors? I ask this because mine does not have the auto-dimming interior mirror and so I assume can't have the other. I don't know if its because its the Greenline or because Skoda ireland reduced the spec without saying. I say this because they appear to have dropped the rain sensing wipers (maybe they all come as a package) on the sly as well.

Hi,

the rain sensing and auto dimming mirror is normally a 'package' my MY11 has as mentioned above auto dipping interior mirror and drivers mirror. Understand however from other posts that the UK MY12 cars have lost the auto dimming drivers mirror in favour of folding mirrors as standard :S

TP

Hi,

the rain sensing and auto dimming mirror is normally a 'package' my MY11 has as mentioned above auto dipping interior mirror and drivers mirror. Understand however from other posts that the UK MY12 cars have lost the auto dimming drivers mirror in favour of folding mirrors as standard :S

TP

Thanks Plumber, as mine aren't the folding version it appears that the Skoda Ireland spec sheet is wrong again. Its no suprise as the sheet lists the Greenline tyre size as 215/60/R16 where as my car is fitted with 205/55/R16's.

This is the ONLY car forum I have ever been a member of, and it's AWESOME emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

I used to belong to a tech forum until I made the transition to Apple emoticon-0136-giggle.gif, a SCUBA diving forum before I was diagnosed with a hereditary heart condition emoticon-0106-crying.gif and that's about it I think emoticon-0105-wink.gif

My elegance has dimming interior rear view mirror but not the door mirrors,they are just heated and auto folding.

Reading the options in the brochure they are a package with electric seats!

Is this correct or should I have dimming door mirrors?

• 2 months later...

My Greenline Elegence has Dimming interior and Drivers door mirror, which are heated, folding and the passenger one dips when reversing as I have the electric seat and memory pack.

I think there is a random Skoda factor at work on the specifications.

This means it's impossible to be clear about what you will actually get.

I got auto lights on mine which I deliberately did not order.

Some folks got satnavs instead of the Bolero radio due to a radio shortage.

One guy got alcantara seats in his SE (which he definitely did not order).

Figure that out!

My Greenline Elegence has Dimming interior and Drivers door mirror, which are heated, folding and the passenger one dips when reversing as I have the electric seat and memory pack.

Same here.

The driver's door mirror is different to the passenger, it has a 5mm(ish) rim that makes it look like it's got a special covering on it.

My elegance has dimming interior rear view mirror but not the door mirrors,they are just heated and auto folding.

Reading the options in the brochure they are a package with electric seats!

Is this correct or should I have dimming door mirrors?

Mine is the same as yours and is the standard elegance spec as at September last year when I bought it.