Fabia remote trunk opening

irfant

Same applications are also available on Octavia section.

Couple of springs with different hardness were tested to find the ideal one (dependent on the weight of the trunk).

You only need to remove upper end of the damper, the spring gives the first push to the trunk ;)

Here is more detail available

http://video.pravac.com/play/_QRFfw5CDWY/

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7238670/Automatische_Heckklappe_Fabia_2

Before everyone gets carried away with this, this mod has been around for a few years (started on the Golf IIRC)

However do not expect the springs to last, they also make closing the tailgate harder, I took them off the Golf in the end :thumbdown:

1327145817[/url]' post='2654128']

Before everyone gets carried away with this, this mod has been around for a few years (started on the Golf IIRC)

However do not expect the springs to last, they also make closing the tailgate harder, I took them off the Golf in the end :thumbdown:

Yes but there is a kit available you replace the black bung with a spring loaded one seen them on YouTube that's the one I'm after

For such a ridiculous price, it's worth a try for me. If it actually makes things worse then off it goes but I'd be interested in testing it.

I agree it is a cheap mod, but unfortunately the springs over the struts just don't last.

Another thing to check is whether you tailgate currently 'pops' when you use the remote, if not then you will also need some VCDS coding done to enable it.

1327147238[/url]' post='2654165']

I agree it is a cheap mod, but unfortunately the springs over the struts just don't last.

Another thing to check is whether you tailgate currently 'pops' when you use the remote, if not then you will also need some VCDS coding done to enable it.

Mine does pop I've just emailed a firm in Wandsworth ecs they do a kit emoticon-0148-yes.gif

It would be interesting to see what is included in this kit and how much it is, I have read a bit about changing the bump stops for IIRC Audi ones can't remember where though :giggle:

hatchpop.jpgemoticon-0105-wink.gifHatch Pop Kit - Mk6 Golf

Awesome Product Code: ST-BOOT-6Y0898500C

Make your hatch pop open with a simple touch of your key fob

Want to make your hatch pop open without ever touching your car? This kit includes everything you need to make your hatch open with the touch of a button on your key fob. Simply replace your stock stuts, flip your hatch strut mounts 180°, install new strut mounting ball pins, and thats it!

With the MK6 there is no need for coding or etc. This kit is a simple plug and play feature that will leave you wondering how you lived with out it.

Found this item cheaper? Tell us and we'll do our best to beat it!

Quantity:

£83.99 inc vat

£69.99 ex vat

Ask a Question / Add to Wish List

FREEDELIVERYSMALL.JPG

[/url]

There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review by clicking below!Review this product...

2 springs are 5 Euro, thats all, you can DIY the fitting....

Hi, can you tell me, what stops the springs sliding up and down the arm of the tailgate fifter? Are they clipped, glued, or anything?

Hi, can you tell me, what stops the springs sliding up and down the arm of the tailgate fifter? Are they clipped, glued, or anything?

On the Golf I used a large (the diameter of the spring) repair washer then some heat shrink over the washer, spring and strut casing, it also then looks very OE as well.

is it these sort of springs http://www.cromwell....307?id=chPeWWMs

Yes, BUT read post #11 before you buy any.

There are two sizes of strut, one uses a small diameter strut mount which can apparently be 'ripped' out of the bodywork - the compressed strut has a compressed spring attached to it when the tailgate is closed, this is obviously putting the mounts under more stress than was ever intended.