Guest BigJase88

Guest BigJase88

Looking at getting a new motor choices are

Leon mk1 cupra

Mk1 cupra r leon

Octy vrs

Basically i like all the cars pretty much the same for different reasons

I like the octy interior

I prefer the look of the cupra to the cupra r... Dont know why i just think it looks less inconspicous

And the cupra r probably cause of the speed and brakes

Help! Which one do i go for.... Probably have aroud 4-5k

I`v been having a look at the same kinda motors for my mrs. It`ll take some hunting to bag a decent non abused one now, although you have a healthy budget. (this is purely from me looking about).

Personally i`d have a Audi S3? Quattro, Xenons, Recaro leather and did I say quattro? Plus with your budget you`ll be able to find a looked after one i`d have thought. However, my mrs hates them, so we are looking at the two you are currently. I think if we get one it`ll end up coming down to whichever turns up first, I prefer the Octy, but with the Leon engine and brakes.

No help to you at all though sorry lol :doh:

Guest BigJase88

Audi s3 are nice but you pay for the badge

If i got one of them id be looking at a 10 year old motor + with near on 100k miles

Really looking at 04-05 below say 60k miles

Guest BigJase88

Both leons are 6 speed too...

Even the cupra 180....

Think im gna pick that one, wont be as harsh running wise as the cupra r and should be more economical than the octy.... Although the octy may have a long box as no 6th gear?

Octavia!!! Stay with skoda :p with the Audi A3/ S3 your paying for the badge. Leon's are nice but quite different from the Octavias in terms of size, depends what you need it for etc...

All three that you metioned are lovely cars thou..

I think Leon's look like Rover 25's in profile. They also have a massively bland interior!

Broadly all the same car, to be fair. Test them all, buy the one you like :)

Guest BigJase88

Oh granted the interior is pants in the leon

Theres pros and cons to both...

I think the best idea would be not to be too picky if the right car comes up be it any of the 3 choices ill buy it :)

Just going to keep my mind open

Edited by BigJase88

Having both a leon and an octavia (though the former is a 1.6 petrol and the latter a diesel) as far as sitting in them goes there is a not a great deal of difference. The octy has more space in the back/boot and you can actually see out the back.

The climate control in the Leon annoys me.

I have also driven both cars with the 130 TDi engine and the Leon handled better and the seats seemed to hold you better.

If you don't need to lug loads of stuff around then I would go with the Leon and I think the Cupra is less shouty than the Cupra R.

Yeah, it's very 1990's Jap orange, isn't it?

Yep, and the warning lights reminded me of my patents old Montego/Maestros/other Austins. A square of colour with a silouette of the image, rather than a coloured image like most cars have. Only little things, but enough to put me off given how often you look at it.

I guess you could get a new film put on if you really wanted though, and change the LEDs.

I drove all three before buying the Octavia. I prefered the Cupra R purely because it felt much better sorted than the Octavia, more of a drivers car in standard form. However, the interior was not as well put together, the boot was too small and the kids would have been jiggled to pieces. I bought the Octavia as a family car. If I had no children or one jiggle proof child then I'd go for the Cupra R.

LCR - mk1 Octavia has a bland interior (as per all Skodas) and dated looks. the (pre-facelift) Cupra is a rebadged Sport and looks as dull as a dull thing, the facelift Cupra (and the FR) looks better but still has a comedy Knight Rider instrument cluster(?)

Don't let the 6 speed gearbox fool you, all that's different is that the first 5 gears are lower and 6th is the same as in the octy.

Looked at a Leon when I brought it Octy didn't like it inside, dunno about you but I spend most of my time inside a car when driving it so best if I like it lol

Personally, lol

IMG-20110626-00061.jpg

why not get an octy, remap it, get the LCR Brakes and wheels, put the LCR splitter on it and there you go, best of both?

Cardiff-20110805-00115.jpg

As Raf said mate, the petrol 02j 5 speed and 02m 6 speed are the same top end, just means in the 6 speed your changing gear more. It really is a shame the vRS didnt come with the BAM engine but hey ho what do you expect for under 14k new? THey are a lot of car for the money and your budget is huge really and will get you a dame good one. the LCR are still not that cheap and you dont get the room, also same as the vRS they have been played with. Wouldnt get the Cupra over the vRS, better interior in the vRS and more space, same engine.

billy

lol, yup black is best, then silver lol.

You need to change your Car lol, to something better than XaosX lol as yours works

missingmyvrs is selling a proper WRC spoiler mate, very pricey but weighs les than the std spoiler.

I wouldnt mind it but cant justify spending tat sort of cah on one.

Billy

I don't think the Cupra interior is a patch on Octy interior although they are a sportier looking car. Couldn't live with it myself, should also be remembered that the Octy is a much more slippery shape than all the other cars on its platform {due to it's boot apparently} giving it better economy at speed & giving it more top end speed per bhp than the others as quite simply it cuts through the air better :)

Having had both LCR and mk1 vRS, and having long since sold the vRS, i think you can guess on my vote.

Both are very different cars, the LCR is far quicker than the vRS (210/225bhp vs 180bhp), has awesome brakes, bigger wheels (18 vs 17), better front seats, better stereo, much better gearing (vRS always felt over geared to me) i could go on. The LCR is very focused though, its a missile. Its a rubbish cruiser (unlike the vRS), the suspension is very harsh, but it gives great handling. LCR isn't brilliant on bad roads, and has quite a bit of torque steer when accelerating hard off a roundabout.

The vRS is the economical, sensible option. The materials in the vRS looked better (although my LCR has far less rattles at 75k than my vRS had), and the vRS is far more spacious (more space in the back than an A4 or 3 series).

I'm, a little jaded, as my vRS was a bit of a dog, but still, i wouldn't buy another. Yet the only reason i don't want a mk2 LCR, is it looks like a people carrier!