How Do you debadge?

I have bought replacement vRS badges for the front and back off MAS I'm just waiting for a nice day so I can change them over. But I'm also wondering how to get the badges off without marking the paint, I've read people have used fishing line but unfortunately I have none so what other methods are they?

Cheers and sorry for hi-jacking the thread :thumbup:

I have bought replacement vRS badges for the front and back off MAS I'm just waiting for a nice day so I can change them over. But I'm also wondering how to get the badges off without marking the paint' date=' I've read people have used fishing line but unfortunately I have none so what other methods are they?

Cheers and sorry for hi-jacking the thread :thumbup:[/quote']Tooth floss, strong cotton thread or similar will do.

I have bought replacement vRS badges for the front and back off MAS I'm just waiting for a nice day so I can change them over. But I'm also wondering how to get the badges off without marking the paint' date=' I've read people have used fishing line but unfortunately I have none so what other methods are they?

Cheers and sorry for hi-jacking the thread :thumbup:[/quote']

Used an old plastic card (credit card will do) and gently lifted corners and the rest is a bit of gentle leverage. Lighter fuel to take off the gunge left behind :thumbup:

I asked my dealer to remove the vRS logo before I paid up ;)

They did it for free, without damage to the paintwork. Pretty sure the warming-it-up way of doing this works best.

As for the Skoda badge - you'd have to fill the holes and touch up the paintwork, which no doubt would end up being visible.

Left the Fabia logo on mine. The Fabia logo and vRS logo are separate stick-ons on the back, on the front it is stuck on the grille apparently with a vRS shaped bit of plastic behind it. I left that one for that reason.

The badge in the rear is fitted with double-sided tape. All you gotta do is dig into it with ur credit card (or any card as hard) and flick it off. Clean the grunge with lighter fuel as said.

As for Jason....if you remove the monograms you will have two quite visible holes in the open. There is an aftermarket firm that has replacements for monograms, but Ive forgotten the name. Great replacement monograms.

• 10 years later...

I went to halfords and picked up a can of "sticky stuff remover", coated the crevices and prized it with a bank card. Came off fairly easy, then use sticky stuff remover to remove the residue.