Converted to Roomster

Togo

Hi all

I am new member, but have been a read only member in over one year now.

Just want to say I love my new Roomster. Have had a Fabia I 1.4 for 4 years , and a Octavia II 1.9TDI PD for over 6 years.

Really loved the Octavia, great engine and a really big trunk.

But as with all cars, maintenance and repairs start to cost too much. And it was time to change car.

And the winner was a Skoda Roomster 1.2TSI 105 with panorama roof.

And what a great engine, pulls really nice compare with the 1.9TDI. And the handling of the car is really easy, way more then the Octavia.

Now I have started my own little project, all because of this forum. All interior lighting was been replaced with LED lights and I am waiting for sidelights LED and number plates LED to arrive.

Really enjoying reading all the posts, here and on the Fabia II forum.

Hi all

I am new member, but have been a read only member in over one year now.

Just want to say I love my new Roomster. Have had a Fabia I 1.4 for 4 years , and a Octavia II 1.9TDI PD for over 6 years.

Really loved the Octavia, great engine and a really big trunk.

But as with all cars, maintenance and repairs start to cost too much. And it was time to change car.

And the winner was a Skoda Roomster 1.2TSI 105 with panorama roof.

And what a great engine, pulls really nice compare with the 1.9TDI. And the handling of the car is really easy, way more then the Octavia.

Now I have started my own little project, all because of this forum. All interior lighting was been replaced with LED lights and I am waiting for sidelights LED and number plates LED to arrive.

Really enjoying reading all the posts, here and on the Fabia II forum.

hi togo wellcome to the club could you take sume photos when you got your lights on. was thinking of buying sume leds for my roomy

did not now how they would look thanks pete.

hi togo wellcome to the club could you take sume photos when you got your lights on. was thinking of buying sume leds for my roomy

did not now how they would look thanks pete.

Thanks bripete

Here are some photos from the trunk. I have installed a "MEGA Powered LED" from www.superskoda.com

And I LOVE it! :-) Much more light, then stocked trunk light.

Night:

ckkGY.jpg

vUlBB.jpg

Early in the morning:

B8nIM.jpg

hS2WF.jpg

Can only recommend it!

For the interior lighting, I bought the expensive solution. A "LED-DOME front and rear" from www.superskoda.com

I know that you can buy LED lights (W5W, C5W) from ebay (like fizzmo-uk).

But this LED-DOME just fits perfect, and is easy to install.

Here it goes:

Night:

W68w0.jpg

Dqsvr.jpg

oHKCc.jpg

Qfzyx.jpg

eAfk3.jpg

Early in the morning, just to see how bright they are:

stlI6.jpg

But be aware, the LED-DOME is a "cold" light and is not bright white but more "bluish". But it is a personal taste.

And I have to getting used to it, but for now I like it.

Hope it can help others.

/Togo

Thanks bripete

Here are some photos from the trunk. I have installed a "MEGA Powered LED" from www.superskoda.com

And I LOVE it! :-) Much more light, then stocked trunk light.

Night:

ckkGY.jpg

vUlBB.jpg

Early in the morning:

B8nIM.jpg

hS2WF.jpg

Can only recommend it!

For the interior lighting, I bought the expensive solution. A "LED-DOME front and rear" from www.superskoda.com

I know that you can buy LED lights (W5W, C5W) from ebay (like fizzmo-uk).

But this LED-DOME just fits perfect, and is easy to install.

Here it goes:

Night:

W68w0.jpg

Dqsvr.jpg

oHKCc.jpg

Qfzyx.jpg

eAfk3.jpg

Early in the morning, just to see how bright they are:

stlI6.jpg

But be aware, the LED-DOME is a "cold" light and is not bright white but more "bluish". But it is a personal taste.

And I have to getting used to it, but for now I like it.

Hope it can help others.

/Togo

they look more like a blue light but they are realy bright enymore more plans for the roomy togo

they look more like a blue light but they are realy bright enymore more plans for the roomy togo

Yes, the light is more to the blue side. But it is difficult to take photos that can show the right colors.

nKpxf.jpg

zZcda.jpg

The LED for the trunk is bright white, that I can highly recommend. I have ordered som more LED for the number plates lights and the position/side lights for the back from eBay.

Edited by Togo

Today I received from eBay:

There is a 50/50 chance it does not light, pull it out, rotate it 180 deg and put it back in.

Number plate lights

I started to change the number plate lights. Taking them out was easy, unclips them for easier handling.

Problem 1:

The "6 LED 39mm 239 272 CANBUS WHITE NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS" is to large to fit, perhaps a 36mm will fit more perfect.

But it can fit, after some work :-)

Problem 2:

The cooling grill on top of the LED does not fit i the normal socket, there is no room when you want to reassemble it again :-(

I have removed them and I was thinking about cutting 1 or 2 ribs of the cooling grill and reattach them.

They are now both working as expected, and give a good bright light on the number plates. And there is no warning on the dash board.

Have now removed 1 cooling rib and reattach it.

Glove compartment

Just replace the standard light it with a "5 LED 501 T10 W5W WEDGE HID XENON WHITE SIDE LIGHTS".

Works as expected.

Side/position light front

Easy. Just take out the light and replace it with a "8 SMD LED 501 T10 W5W WEDGE CANBUS NO ERROR FREE XENON WHITE SIDE LIGHT BULB".

And there is still no warning on the dash board.

Works as expected. Damm.. They give warning on the dash board :-(

Side/position taillights

Fairly easy, check the manual on how to change lights in the taillights.

Started with the left side, changed both standard lights to "8 SMD LED 501 T10 W5W WEDGE CANBUS NO ERROR FREE XENON WHITE SIDE LIGHT BULB"

Problem 1:

There give a warning on the dash board, when you start the car.

Problem 2:

They are not bright compared to standard W5W

Because they are not bright enough, I decided to remove the LED lights again.

Have to look for other type.

So now I have 6 8 x "8 SMD LED 501 T10 W5W WEDGE CANBUS NO ERROR FREE XENON WHITE SIDE LIGHT BULB", 1 x "5 LED 501 T10 W5W WEDGE HID XENON WHITE SIDE LIGHTS" to spare :-/

Edited by Togo

Have to find another type of LED for sidelights and taillights.

The "8 SMD LED 501 T10 W5W WEDGE CANBUS NO ERROR FREE XENON WHITE SIDE LIGHT BULB" give a light warning on the dash board.

It is not my day to day.

The one LED light in the number plates failed. After I have removed it, I discovered that I have been to hard on them. The are 39mm and it is to large, I should have chosen 36mm. The result, 1 or 2 broken LED. :-/

But it seems that I do not have to buy CAN BUS error free LED, as it shows no warning on the dash board when there is no light attached to the number plates :-)

I will order some new ones.

Edited by Togo