New Octavia II VRS owner!

VRS-Rog

Hello everyone on Briskoda! :hi:

I've just got myself a Octavia VRS TFSI Combi on thurs, so thought I'd join up and say hello. I've just come from an Audi and VW before that, so I'm keeping in the VAG family.

Very happy with the car too, it's alot better quality made than I thought it would be plus it's nice and quick! :evil:

Here's a few pics of my new ride (awaiting detailing, too cold at the moment!):

dscf3029800x600.jpg

dscf3041800x600.jpg

dscf3033800x600.jpg

Here's my previous cars:

Audi S4 :devil:

dscf2801r.jpg

Audi A3 2.0 TFSI Q: :ph34r:

dscf2453resized.jpg

VW Golf GTI 25th Anniversary 1.8T No 824: B)

3800x600.png

The Skoda needs a bit of loving, but for the price I paid it was the bargin of the century!

I will do a progress build thread as I restore the paintwork and brake calipers etc.

So watch this space. Check out my Facebook link in my signiture too ;)

Rog :thumbup:

Edited by VRS-Rog

Thanks for the welcome Fellas :thumbup:

Yeah, the S4 was a monster, it past most things but a petrol station! :rofl:

The S4 is a great car, solid, great fun, mega power, but unfortunately, not practical enough for me.

The Skoda fits my needs a lot better now. I Detail/Valet cars on a part-time/weekend basis and the Estate is so much roomier for the equipment I use.

Plus I have a growing family :)

The VRS is great to drive, feels very similar to the A3 (same engine) in terms of handling and speed. The VRS feels alot smaller than it is! I guess thats due to the fact they 're based on the same chassis.

I can't wait to get outside and clean it up, the cold weather is doing my head in :wall:

Rog

Edited by VRS-Rog

Welcome to Briskoda Roger, it only takes 2 days to get like yours with all the salt anyway, it will cost you afortune on here mine was standard before I came on here, now 29 mods and counting :giggle:

• Like 1

Needs moar lower! :thumbup:

I do agree on this point :yes:

Oh well, no-one does FB on here! It's not that bad is it?

I only use it really for my Detailing work.

Ok, I'll load some pics up on a new thread later.

Rog :thumbup:

Here's some sample pics of the initial Protection Detail I did the other week, 2 days after buying it.The aim was to assess the condition of the car and protect it from the elements, before giving it full (wheel off) correction detail. I hope you like :thumbup:

Before: Not too bad from a distance, the bodywork was actually pretty clean, just the usual swirls and a couple of RDS's.

dscf3055h.jpg

Wheels first, attacked with Wolf's Decon Gel, left to dwell for 15-20 mins. Used various wheel/detail brushes and alot of effort. All the alloys had very bad road contamination on the inner rim, the faces weren't too bad. Really need to be removed and given a good polish to give them some life.(and a refurb, that will be later)

dscf3069v.jpg

Then Tardis'd.

dscf3065h.jpg

The lower panels and arches were treated to some TFR, then PW'd off. Then coated in Snow foam. The nooks/cranies and badges were then APC'd with a detailing brush whilst the foam was dwelling!

dscf3072f.jpg

Then PW'd and then the panels were washed using the 2BM.

dscf3076xt.jpg

The car was PW'd again and then given a 2 stage decontamination, Tardis (lower areas) and then clayed. The car was dryed with a plush drying towel and treated to a coat of Chemical Guys M-Seal Nano Sealant via a DA polisher. This cleanses the paint again leaving a great finish, protection and masking a lot of the swirls.(for now)

Here are some after shots.

dscf3110a.jpg

dscf3102l.jpg

dscf3092l.jpg

dscf3095t.jpg

A couple of before and after shots.

dscf2984jg.jpg

dscf3088i.jpg

Engine bay, this was treated with non acidic wheel cleaner to remove the engine oil and grease and then PW'd off. I haven't dressed the plastics yet.

dscf3054a.jpg

dscf3080p.jpg

Loads more photos on my FB page

Not bad for approx 4 hours work (between the rain!). It's a good start, the real detail will come when the weather is a bit better.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome :thumbup:

Rog

Edited by VRS-Rog

*Update*

FL front and rear VRS badges added :rock:

dscf3142k.jpg

The (genuine) Octavia badge was off eBay, but the letters came separated, so I had to use tape to install it. It's still a bit untidy but it's not too bad!

Took me ages to line them up (all guess work), the "t" is still a tiny bit out.....oh well! I'll live with it for now, or I may get a new one!

dscf3146yz.jpg

dscf3148.jpg

dscf3151xe.jpg

dscf3152a.jpg

dscf3153po.jpg

I know peoples opinions are mixed with these badges on Pre FL car, but I think it freshens up the cars looks IMO :)

Comments welcome :thumbup:

Rog

Edited by VRS-Rog