Just brought Samsung Galaxy s2

m0bov

Got one s/h, its to replace my HD2 which worked ok on RSAP, but sometimes it needed to be "woken up" for it to connect. Sometimes it would disconnect then reconnect. Really not going back to MS now as they never provide any updates to their phones and lack of RSAP and apps. Lets hope this Android works ok on my RSAP only handsfree.

My galaxy S2 has worked perfectly on both the VRS I had and now the Superb using RSAP

Connects immediately you turn the ignition on.

When I picked up my Superb, I had it connected and phone contacts from both the phone and SIM card downloaded into the car within two minutes.

IMO the Galaxy S2 is a fantastic phone

I have the Galaxy SII aswell fantastic phone one thing id recommend that makes it look and feel a lot better is the official extended battery makes back flush and lasts bloomin ages! £20 delivered its a bargain!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005FYHRY8

does the 3G work when yours is connected in RSAP?

Nothing in the transmit/receive works on the phone when the car GSMIII is doing the work.

On the S2 the signal strength indicator changes to a 'no entry' sign.

Another user here 'CEPI' has done a lot of research on the S2/RSAP connection and has not been able to find a solution in getting data while RSAP connected

I use anker batteries, you can keep the same backing etc and lasts a minimum 25% longer than standard. Cost me 14.99 from amazon for 2 and included a battery charger. Usually carry a spare one on me and one on charge.

Find that the galaxy takes ages to charge up compared to my old phones

You shouldn't have a problem. I had one until last week and almost always worked flawlessly. The very odd time it could take a minute or so to connect but I've never had a single issue otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, picked up my new octavia this morning and the phone (Galaxy S2) pairs and makes calls no problem but the car won't download the phone book (the phonebook is on the phone memory and not the sim (I think?).

I said to my dealer I'd check here to see if there's a setting on the phone (or car) that needs changing to allow this to happen?

Other than that works fine!

All help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Hi, it works perfectly, it get the phone book to sync, once its connected, click on your phones "notification" and select PAB access and click allow and tick the box so it remembers it next time. Then update your phone book.

Watch the phone as you click on the car's bluetooth, you will see it connect and then ask permission to access the phone book, if you miss the prompt, click on the top left of the screen and you will see it there. Click it, tick box and allow permission and it will remember it for next time. You might only get the prompt when you sync the phonebook, can't remember.