who should i use and why

hi i am considering getting my vrs remapped i have read about on this forum and done a google search and read somemore before i started to post anything,

i am still in limbo on who to use , i am from the north east and i have seen price ranges from 200 to 1500 for a standard remap to the full stage 2 with milltek non resonated cat back exhaust system ,this is a taxi so i want the exhaust to be as quiet as the original whats the noise difference between a resonated and non resonated i want this to look as standard as possible but have the performance . money isnt a problem so all you tech heads out there reply to me with your best deals whats the max i can do to this its a 61 plate vrs dsg 170bhp deisel , but would like a bit more information on this i know there a place in sunderland saying they can take it upto 200bhp is there any thing else that could get the bhp higher

cheers raptor

Edited by raptor700r

I think the newer ECUs on the CR vRS are encrypted and can't be flashed via the obd2 port and need to be physically removed from the car - someone else will be able to advise for certain. When I had my CR [58 plate] they could still be flashed and got mine done at http://www.sptuning.co.uk/ near Leicester.

Personally though I wouldn't look past Revo these days. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. http://www.revotechnik.com/

Triple H Motorsport in Benton are Revo agents and have a good reputation I believe. http://www.triplehmotorsports.com/

Personally on a CR I would take it to stage 1 and leave it otherwise you're paying quite a lot more for not much gain. Stage 1 on a CR should see circa 205bhp and 400Nm torque. I believe some people have removed the DPF and combined with Stage 1 can see around 215bhp - 220bhp.

Edited by Guest

A stage one remap on a 170bhp would see you around the 200-210ish bhp mark. For a stage one you don't need to change exhausts or anything and is a massive power gain for the cost. If its a taxi why do you want to get the best performance out of it?

It is worth giving shark a call, site sponsors and their reviews speak volumes. They are in Mansfield.

If its a taxi and a brand new car I personally would be leaving it standard to not tempt some sort of warranty argument in the future, also its a taxi! If your wanting the power etc for the driver feeling side of car your going to use more fuel and be harder on tyres etc.

But that aside if you really want it I had my 11 plate done at 1500 miles and it transformed the car :D ECU will need to be removed ECU opened and then wires soldered onto it and done that way a lot more unerving than a basic flash threw OBDII socket. I would not bother with anything more than a stage one if its just for taxi and stick with that. Shark Performance / REVO are the bigger players about UK at mo and both arguably the best however I would be swayed more towards Shark.

Let us know how you get on and what happens.