Enjoyed My vRS Tonight

Mine made me smile this morning too!

The way it rushes from 70 to 130 is immense. The standard turbo is so well matched. Love it.

Racing on the road ends in tears 99% of the time, so I only race myself now! Having said that, I did get bum raped by a unmarked 320d on the M3 the other day. So insulting. Pulled by a diesel BMW.

You forgot to state your speedo reads in kph ;)

Guest BigJase88

Honestly be careful!!

I got a dd40 for getting done at 119mph

Cost me a bloody fortune, £800 fine, solicitors costs, insurance has trebled from £490 to £1500

Plus the fact ive had to walk and get public transport for a year, i was lucky in a way as i just managed to hold onto my job

Just think on and trust me you wouldnt want the last 12 months ive endured

Swmbo's bro just finished a 3 month ban for doing 91 on the a1. The prat somehow didn't notice the large 50mph, camera, and road works signs! Hope he learns his lesson as they work on it 24/7! Worse thing was it was his average speed! Glad they were hard on him

I got 5 points and 360 quid fine for 97mph on M62, best thing was I'd only just come off sliproad, carn't of been on motorway 100 yards before been clocked just glad i'd not kept my foot planted else I would have been looking at a ban.

went to see a forum member today to quote him on some work. on the way back i find myself catching up with a alfa spider 3.0 v6 (google says 256bhp) up the big hill by brands hatch. he was 2 up i was alone. and he gave it some beans. had a little tare from the lights and stopped for the next set ready to go down the slip road for the a20. got to the end of the shevrons in 3rd and toed it. chased him all the way and had to come off the loud pedal as i was up his bum bum. obviously i never once went past 73mph :angel: but owning quite alot of mk4 platform cars i got to say im very impressed with the vRS. The alfa was not to pleased when the estate car went past him! i dont know why or how i keeped up with a 250bhp car but i did! he had a loud exhaust system on the car and was hammering it all the way. this is the first time i have stretched the vrs`s legs... shocked.com

i suppose it aint all about high numbers its how its used and more imporantly how the car delivers it to the road. Could the skoda be the best 1.8T i have owned out of the audis, dubs and seats?? i think i love it!

no alfas were harmed in the making of this thread.

It was a Spider so the guy probably didn't have a clue, just thought "I want to go faster, I'll press the pedal more" without thinking about gears etc.

He would have had the wonderfully sonorous Alfa V6 to listen to while you listened to the characterless 1.8T :rofl:

Just to add I get the same as the OP, sometimes I just want to keep my car tidy and save up for something else, but then other times my mind is full of plans because I love it and want to keep it forever!

I think it's wet roads for me, I've got a heavy right so I trouble the tractotion control. But it's a compeltely different car in the dry.

pass mr liverpool lad. I would not say on a forum that we all have the same car something that was impossible. Find 1, have a play with it, you mite just be shocked.

What ever the spider guy did, he lost.......his mid range i was a little worried but mr alfa could not shake the skoda and i had to lift off at 1 point or i would if been eating Alfa pie. As i have said, we all have the same car so why would i say my car eat something it could not. i aint 17!! lol

Did i mention my car beat a bugatti vayron in reverse today? was proppa sick blud! :moon:

Edited by Gee-man

well.. me and my pals were talking about this last night as it goes. My mate has a mapped audi a4 running 230bhp and i can keep up with him to a good degree. he is by no means getting away from me. We have plugged the car in and the ECU seems as it should. The estate, the dog cage, the full skoda history, the 1 owner, the mass dog hairs that was in it make us wonder if it was a old plod car, but im certain it would be stated on the V5 documents if it was??

I had a go in another members vrs on suday that had a shark performance stage 1 on it and on initial pull off didnt feel that much faster than mine. was only when we was gunning 3rd gear and up it felt alot faster, so on those grounds i would say mines deffo not mapped.

*shrugs* as far as i know the cars standard. If the alfa was badged up different i dont know, but that geeza was avin it, his mid range for a few seconds felt stronger than me but then when his power band had dropped i was up his bum bum again. Only way to find out is to go for a remap! :giggle:

I beat a ferrari f360 the otherday! We where going along, ripping through the gears, dodging through the traffic, it was like being in fast and the furious! Then the turbo kicked in pushing my car to 200mph! And with that his car did a wicked flip!

Or...

I tried to keep pace, as he pulled into the left lane as I went shooting past. I declare that a victory.

True-story-neil-patrick-harris.png

Edited by DBP
  • Like 2

I beat a ferrari f360 the otherday! We where going along, ripping through the gears, dodging through the traffic, it was like being in fast and the furious! Then the turbo kicked in pushing my car to 200mph! And with that his car did a wicked flip!

Or...

I tried to keep pace, as he pulled into the left lane as I went shooting past. I declare that a victory.

True-story-neil-patrick-harris.png

37da765f.jpg

I got 5 points and 360 quid fine for 97mph on M62, best thing was I'd only just come off sliproad, carn't of been on motorway 100 yards before been clocked just glad i'd not kept my foot planted else I would have been looking at a ban.

Ouch!

The officer that pulled me told me I was lucky, as the cut off point was 96mph for a fixed penalty ticket (3 points/£60).

He had followed me for just over 20 miles, and calculated my average speed during one section to be 95.91mph. So incredibly close to going to court!

My mate wasn't so lucky on the same stretch of road. Pulled doing 120mph in his Fiat Coupe Turbo!

Speeding in the UK is no fun. I'm going to buy a Tata Nano and drive that at 110% all the time instead.

Plus the fact ive had to walk and get public transport for a year, i was lucky in a way as i just managed to hold onto my job

Just think on and trust me you wouldnt want the last 12 months ive endured

can feel for you mate, public transport in D&G is a joke, im surprised you managed. Think this is the reason i dont drive like a tit anymore theres no way i would be really able to get around

Speaking of speed....

I once came up from my ex'es place, off the slip road and on to the dual carridge way. It was about 11.30? Roads where dead expect one car wayyyyyy back in the distance. I came off with a bit of speed and the car in the background started to keep pace. Still a fairway back I came off the Dual carridge way on to the second. As I hit the second one I planted my foot in third and the rover indicated 100mph ish. All of a sudden the car in the distance caught up and 500 yards later the blues and twos went on.

****!!!!!!

I pulled over on the dual carridge way, sat there shaking because I knew what was about to happen. He told me to get of the car and follow him to theirs. Once in there he said....

"We where following you going around 100mph tonight. Do you know how many people die at that speed?"

"I don't know"

"I have been to more call outs than you can imagine where people your age have been doing that speed and not been lucky enough to walk away. But your extremely lucky, do you know why?"

"Because I didn't crash?"

"Yes! but not only that this is a patrol car, not a traffic car. So we are not able to prosecute you for your speed! But take this a warning, slow down its not necessary to go that fast"

And with that In was on my way. One lucky ****** I was that night!

Same thing happened to a mate of mine on the A25 doing an indicated 130 one night in a Cooper S Works (company car - he had just started working for the local dealership) he thought one of us was behind him getting right up his chuff in one of our cars so booted it. The patrol car followed him for about half a mile then down our mates drive at which point he saw what it was and had kittens LOL. They said they'd estimated his speed at over 100 but as they werent traffic and had no recorder they wouldn't do him for it. Got a right ticking off though and was lucky his work never found out!

Once in the sierra I "accidentally" did a drift at a traffic light controlled t junction without seeing a cop van sat at the lights. Soon as I looked in the mirror I saw him and pulled over before he put the blue lights on (which of course he had to do). Conversation went like this: "what happened there?" "err I slipped on some ice, I mean diesel!" (middle of summer) "really?" "yes officer if you don't believe me you should do a skid test, there's loads of buses that go here" "Damn, I'll just issue you with a producer this time don't let it happen again" Though all this all my m8 was doing was pi55ing himself laughing!

Read a couple of days earlier on the net if the police wants to prosecute you for careless driving or dangerous driving due to loosing control and you ask for a skid test they have to do one, might of been true for I implied that I would ask for one on one of the busiest routes though York during rush hour! lol

Well I've not driven my car since Friday now due to being off work and then having to get the mrs car MOT'd yesterday (it passed by the way) and I can't wait! I'm even up early so I can go the ,long way to work lol.