Who will soon be joining the Yeti 12 club?

BossFox

About a week away now ... maybe Friday next week at the latest.

Don't know if it's a '12 or an '11 though. My guess is '11 but regardless - it will start it's life on Australian roads in '12.

First few trips already planned. Weekend camping down on the Great Ocean Road in Wye River, trip to the in-laws near Lakes Entrance in Sth Gippsland, and a 6hr MTB enduro in the Otways at Forrest.

Music already loaded onto SD cards. Hitch adaptor ordered for towbar mounted bike rack. And roof cross bars ordered. More aesthetic changes to occur later.

I too am supposed to be getting mine on the 9th but everything has gone quiet at the Lease Company... it was supposed to be a confirmed date - maybe I ought to chase and check :wonder:

Well - I did chase and because it's a lease car it has to have some preparation - it should be at the dealer by the 9th and ready for me at the end of next week... the wait is nearly over!

Ordered mid Sept Dealer phoned today pick up Friday 16th March!!!!!!!!!! Yipeeeee.

All I need now is the DVLA (Dedicated to Vandalising Lockwoods 'Appiness) to pull their finger out and return my licence.

Well approx 24hrs till I get my mitts on my Yeti.

Keep an eye out tomorrow morning as it will be making it's way on the back of transporter from Doncaster to Oswestry (guessing via A635, A528, M67, M60, M56, A51, A483). Delivery due between 9am and 1pm, I'm guessing nearer 1pm.

The next 24hrs are going to drag.

Car at dealer. Getting towbar fitted today or Tuesday. ETA pickup next Wednesday (Monday's a public holiday here dammit).

Pretty excited right now.

My Yeti is at the (Kia and Alfa Romeo) Dealer and I will pick it up on Tuesday at 08:30 :happy: - then drive it on a nice steady motorway journey from Reading to Bristol and then back home later - nearly 200 miles on the first day; should be fun... :notme:

She's here

Ended up being driven from Doncaster as the Dealers truck decided to empty it's oil all over the road this morning as it set off.

Good news is the towbar is coded correctly and she's smashing. The dealer has thrown in a full tank of fuel as well.

Well this is the start of 4 years Yeti ownership. :rock:

Edited by Big Rich

Tomorrow we are picking up our shiny new candy white 140 Elegance, the replacement for our faithful steel grey 140 SE which has racked up an unfeasibly large mileage in the 18 months we've had it. It's not all good news though. I'm also chopping in my much loved MX-5 for a 1,2 Fabia because we need two cars capable of transporting the mutt and all her equipment. Tomorrow will be a day of mixed emotions and no mistake.

Phibes.

• Like 1

Collected my new Yeti today and said bye bye to my two year old model.

A big thanks to Domhnall for the VCDS coding changes he did today, hope you get a nice dry Yeti soon.

Also thanks to Tibbermore for alerting us yesterday to the key issue on large MPH display reverting to Range. Checking today confirmed that you do indeed have to program VCDS for each key used when you set the large MPH display.

Del

No problem Derek. It was nice to meet you. I think I have narrowed down the source of the water. Definitely seems to be roof related and the rear left footwell is definitely worst affected as you saw yesterday. I reckon they will finding has been coming down the b pillar and mainly going to the rear with lesser amounts going to the front.

Back on topic it was nice to see two platinum yetis in the driveway, and must see if I can persuade swmbo to replace the a3 with a yeti. :-)

Oddly enough, you are the first person to ask that. :rofl:

But unfortunately not, the bank account has had a bit of a hammering.

Looks like you live in a Royal mail depot now though :-)

The wife's 1.4 Elegance is ready, a lot sooner than we'd imagined . Ordered at the end of January, built on 28th February, arrived at Tyne Dock on Monday. Modern logistics really are a marvel when they work like this.

Looks like you live in a Royal mail depot now though :-)

It was red or white for me, and white kind of blends in at work. :D

So Postman Pat depot is it.

• Like 1

Dealer confirmed today Collection on Saturday 17th, 10.00 am. Should be updating my signature anytime soon!!

Arrived at Grimsby docks March 1st - still there! Dealer hoping to get it early next week.

Picking it up on Thursday midday!

Sold my Octavia Estate L&K to neighbour who is taking me to the Dealer.

Picking it up on Thursday midday!

Sold my Octavia Estate L&K to neighbour who is taking me to the Dealer.

Collected car last Thursday, driven approx 200 miles so far and everything looks good! Much quieter than diesel Octavia and, according to maxidot, getting 39.2 mpg compared with maxidot on Octy of 48mpg - about what I expected but too early days to draw any conclusions. The 16" Moons with Conti tyres certainly smooth the ride and I am pleasantly surprised by power from the 1.2 engine, certainly not the torque of a diesel but engine is so quiet and smooth I haven't noticed any lack of acceleration or hill climbing ability even after a day spent up hill and down dale in Derbyshire! Hope to post photos soon.