Destroying my alloys :/

Hello fellow Skoda drivers!

Unfortunately after an idiotic moment the other day, I managed to slide my new Skoda Fabia VRS sideways into a kurb... Bending the tracking rod arm (Which is thankfully now replaced and re-tracked) and also gouging my lovely 17" black alloys to pieces.

After visiting the Skoda dealership today and finding out a replacement would be £160 per wheel (And I need two, including tyres.) I was just wondering if anyone knew the best place to find any cheaper alternative? Perhaps aftermarket ones, although I have no idea where to look? I have searched the web but alas' cannot seem to find the same alloy's anywhere else ( Yep I forgot to write down the part ID).

They are the 17" black 10 spoke alloy's with a silver (Aluminum?) ring around the edge. That's on a 61 plate Fabia VRS.

Does anybody know where I can get two of these!? Without going directly through the dealership?

Sorry I'm a car rookie.

Thanks

Savage.

Hello fellow Skoda drivers!

Unfortunately after an idiotic moment the other day, I managed to slide my new Skoda Fabia VRS sideways into a kurb... Bending the tracking rod arm (Which is thankfully now replaced and re-tracked) and also gouging my lovely 17" black alloys to pieces.

After visiting the Skoda dealership today and finding out a replacement would be £160 per wheel (And I need two, including tyres.) I was just wondering if anyone knew the best place to find any cheaper alternative? Perhaps aftermarket ones, although I have no idea where to look? I have searched the web but alas' cannot seem to find the same alloy's anywhere else ( Yep I forgot to write down the part ID).

They are the 17" black 10 spoke alloy's with a silver (Aluminum?) ring around the edge. That's on a 61 plate Fabia VRS.

Does anybody know where I can get two of these!? Without going directly through the dealership?

Sorry I'm a car rookie.

Thanks

Savage.

Hi Mate

Not sure if this helps but found these:

Set of brand new ones with brand new CONTINENTAL SPORT CONTACT 2 205/40R17 84W for around £500.00 plus £40-£60.00 delivery from Poland:

http://allegro.pl/felgi-z-oponami-skoda-fabia-5x100-17-cali-nowe-i2171741320.html

or Trinity ones for around £380.00 (alloys only) plus delivery from Poland around £40-£50.00 (alloys on it's own are ligther)

http://allegro.pl/felgi-skoda-fabia-ii-roomster-octavia-i-17-i2112046587.html

Let me know if interested and I might be able to help...I'm polish but live in england and had my Trinity ones delivered from Poland in January this year

Matty

Mr Miyagi you're not buying Dunlops again are you? :(

I am... not had any problems with them at all, as I'm sure Mr Sharkrider will confirm from WSM and Mr. Pete8tech NW Meet...

I really can't understand where people are coming from saying they are crap...

Care to enlighten me?

EM

Nope, £160 is just for one alloy unfortunately. And I need two! I'd be after some pretty good quality tyres as well which wont be cheap either :/

How did I manage to slide sideways? I'm 18, and apparently an idiot. I won't be speeding round country corners again any time soon. have certainly learnt my lesson!

Thanks for that Freedom, but I'm only after two of them.

Nope, £160 is just for one alloy unfortunately. And I need two! I'd be after some pretty good quality tyres as well which wont be cheap either :/

How did I manage to slide sideways? I'm 18, and apparently an idiot. I won't be speeding round country corners again any time soon. have certainly learnt my lesson!

Thanks for that Freedom, but I'm only after two of them.

No Worries...two alloys from the dealer will cost you at least £320.00 where brand new black Gigaros with the brand new premium tyres will cost you an extra £230/£240 so you can use the two on your car and have other two as spares in case you slide again...;)

Matty

Like Miyagi said, lots of us have had to learn the hard way. Take it the alloys are completely wrecked? If the dealer gave you that diagnosis then might be worth a second opinion...

£160 could be worse. Mine are £350 each and I smacked into a kerb after 5 days. :giggle:

Miyagi - just heard a lot of bad stuff and even my mate who works for a tyre garage said they're bad :)

My conti's (standard fit) are much better!

To the OP - glad the lesson was learned quickly, albeit expensive! Next time try spinning something on Forza, costs less! You are lukcy to have a vRS at 18!

I thought you could have the alloys from the dealership from £140 each... Also if they are not a complete wreck, have you considered alloy referb? a place where i got mine done, was £40 for light repair, and £70 for full rebuild

I got new white alloy from dealer as hit pot whole and scuffed it cost me 160ish and the new tyre sport max Dunlop is 158 for one and they need to order them from chech republic. But I will be putting the scuffed one as the spare wheel. Hope it fits.

is £160 including tyres? if so, I may go to your dealers and get them aswel... my tyres alone (Dunlop) are going to be circa £300 anyway...

Damo have a look at the Matador Hectorra 2's - made by continental at a fraction of the price. And ten times better than the dunlops.

Mine were £65 a corner.

They grip like **** to a blanket, mine aren't even worn in yet!

Damo have a look at the Matador Hectorra 2's - made by continental at a fraction of the price. And ten times better than the dunlops.

Mine were £65 a corner.

They grip like **** to a blanket, mine aren't even worn in yet!

+1

My two pence worth just get two new OEM wheels and tyres for the car and be done with it. These things dont happen every day so just take it as an expensive lessons learnt I reckon.

If it makes you feel any better wife just had 4 new dark chromes put on ours as they'd started to pit, 2nd time shes driven it she's done one of them a treat on a curb. **** happens and at the end of the day its just a piece of metal; just a good thing you and no one else got hurt.