A year with the VRS ... a few niggles!

BenSBB

Hi all,

I've had my VRS just over 11 months now and although i'm very pleased with it i've got a few niggles ... anyone else experiencing them?

1. Brakes are very spongy and unresponsive for the first few miles of driving, I expect them to be a little bit less effective for the first couple of brakes after standing outside but it seems a lot worse than it should be. Took it to stealer and they said there was no issue.

2. Creaking from rear suspension, started to do it during the very cold weather a few weeks ago, but it's still doing it (admittedly not as badly) - yet again stealer said that their demo car does it so it's not an issue ...

3. Front drivers side wiper blade keeps "bending" upwards so its not making contact with the screen when the car is parked overnight etc, I either have to push it back onto the screen or a fast accelerate sorts it out (lol) and i'm loathed to pay for a replacement!

Overall though i'm loving the car, its an excellent balance between hot hatch performance and relaxed cruising, and i've not really had any issues with it other than those mentioned above (which are more annoyances than anything). It was using a lot of oil in its first few 000 miles but its since stopped using any.

Interested to read your responses!

Edited by BenSBB

Creaky suspension at the rear yes - brakes seems fine in mine and no wiper issues :)

Got an annoying light issue though, they keep adjusting when driving along, hearing the motor 'woo...woo...woo' each time it adjusts is a pain!

ahhh so thats what that noise is! I can't hear it when im driving though to be honest, the only time i've noticed it is when turning the wheel when parking - I thought it was the power steering pump though to be honest. Normally I have music on when im driving so - on a side note the ipod connection in the car is spot on, no problems at all, in previous cars i've had all kinds of issues with it freezing up and crashing the ipod etc

8 weeks of ownership ..... No heat from Climatronic and rear wiper motor overheated and melted everything near it.

Also, the car still lights up the dash like a Christmas tree when it sniffs 6500 rpm and I've had to check the oil (completely unnecessarily in my opinion) every week or before/after a long journey.

In all honesty, I'm pretty sick of the car at the moment.

I could go on though. I've had the rear creak from the suspension, the door cards vibrate when the stereo's turned up (I'm not talking mega loud either)

If the car was a year old now, I'd still be disappointed.

I wouldn't recommend Skoda after this experience either. My Mk1 was GREAT, this one is not.

a year of ownership for me and 24,500 miles ;) no oil usage now. havent had the "creak" I have experianced what you describe with the brakes, and its just a case of the first few presses cleaning the surfaces, and all is well, I'd describe this as a characteristic, not an issue ;) no problems with the wipers...

in fact, the only problem I have is delaminating wheels (the are white) which I have yet to take to the dealer..

I know jonny too, and I would also be dissapointed in his case,given the problems he's had. maybe a friday afternoon car? :(

Seems to me as if the fabia vrs is only built on Fridays ;) lol

wondered when youd pop up lol and for info my car was built on a tuesady coz i asked the honest salesman and he told me so :giggle:

but as for the rear suspension noise, have them look at a tech bulletin regarding the rear seats ( yes odd i know as it sounds like a suspension issue) and see if that helps. i had a terrible noise up and down any speed humps but now its gone

See this posting by vRSy

http://www.briskoda...._1#entry2672794

I've set brake assist to "2", just be aware this will probably put added stress on components.

Cheers fella.

Not overly concerned about added stress, it would be warranty covered anyway since you haven't actually altered or rewritten any standard code in the car, ie not like a remap.

Ive got the squeaky suspension fault plus the following after 10 months

• rattling instrument binnacle perspex
  • rattling passenger door card
  • intermittent fault where the passenger window wont undo
  • car unlocking itself overnight
  • locking the car and returning to it with the 2 front windows open bu 10mm
  • ESP far too intrusive on a spirited drive to the point where I now just turn it off
  • twice when switching from manual to drive loss of power completely till engine switched off and restarted.

just afew then :(

• ESP far too intrusive on a spirited drive to the point where I now just turn it off

ESP cannot be turned off (at least not by that button). All you're doing is turning TCS off, and that is all.

Edited by newbie69

You have to be careful when you say ESP kicks in. The same light if either ASR or ESP kicks in. ASR will kick in all the time when accelerating but only twice I've had ESP come on. Once was when I was overtaking a Peugeot and a van and half way through the Pug pulled out and pushed me onto the grass a bit. The next time was me messing about. Going along a single carriage way at about 40mph, well under the limit. Bored on the way home I started steering left and right, bit like warming up tyres but not aggressively ESP did kick in momentarily.

Creaky suspension at the rear yes - brakes seems fine in mine and no wiper issues :)

Got an annoying light issue though, they keep adjusting when driving along, hearing the motor 'woo...woo...woo' each time it adjusts is a pain!

If i'm sitting still I hear the lights adjusting as well.... I found if I move the dial round a tiny fraction and away from the '0' setting they stop???

I must have one of the highest mileage vRS's @ 33,000 miles?

Creaky rear suspension, always disappears once warm.

High oil consumption - resolved 10k miles ago.

Now it's in the garage due to misfiring.

Not a fault per say but it can be a bit creaky at times.

It's the wrong car for me, as I do a lot of motorway miles. But anything else brisk is about twice the £ to insure than the Fabia. So I'm stuck!

Edited by HBFS

I must have one of the highest mileage vRS's @ 33,000 miles?

Creaky rear suspension, always disappears once warm.

High oil consumption - resolved 10k miles ago.

Now it's in the garage due to misfiring.

Not a fault per say but it can be a bit creaky at times.

It's the wrong car for me, as I do a lot of motorway miles. But anything else brisk is about twice the £ to insure than the Fabia. So I'm stuck!

yay! you now have the crown as the highest mileage vRS! I was at 25k....

add yourself to my "problems" thread as a problem car due to your issues if you wouldn't mind ;) hope you get everything resolved :)