START-STOP TECHNOLOGY

Geja

Hi again

I've been the proud and delighted owner of a Yeti since November. 4 months down the road and still loving it!

There is one problem, probably minor. The car has Start-Stop technology but as yet she hasn't stopped once. Yes, I've read/reread the blurb and naively thought it was due to low temperatures initially. Now a few months down the road and still not working. Handbrake on, in neutral, not touching the clutch, engine warmed up, on the level at lights...... engine refuses to cut out. The switch is not glowing so it's not disabled. Has anyone else had a problem with the stop/start?

Am I missing something or is it a trip to the dealer some distance away?

All advice gratefully received! Pleased this seems to be the only issue.

Carnivorous is correct, only the 1,6 TDI has stop-start. Do you not have a 170 TDI as per your signature? The stop-start button (with an A within a semi circled arrow and the word OFF below it) is in the row below the HVAC controls. It is one of the rounded buttons on the end. This is a picture of it in a LHD car (and it might be in the same spot on a RHD car, I'm not sure):

74391_441763431323_671901323_5742777_5644751_n.jpg

Remember that the car's manual shows you all the possible equipment on all Yetis in all countries. Some have an asterisk next to them denoting it is an option only. Others like the Auxiliary heater you can't even get in the UK. Others still are engine specific - like stop-start.

OMG. What a twit!! Thanks Carnivorous and Johann! Brilliant pic! I defs haven't got that button!!

That means I am having/I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever. She is perfect!

Think I got muddled with SWMBO BMW 320d, it's got Stop Start but she's scared to use it in case the car doesn't start at traffic lights etc!!!!!!!

OMG. What a twit!! Thanks Carnivorous and Johann! Brilliant pic! I defs haven't got that button!!

That means I am having/I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever. She is perfect!

Now that was a "problem" solved very cheaply!

• Like 1

Think I got muddled with SWMBO BMW 320d, it's got Stop Start but she's scared to use it in case the car doesn't start at traffic lights etc!!!!!!!

Had a BMW 3 series for two and a half years with stop/start worked perfectly every time.

Had a BMW 3 series for two and a half years with stop/start worked perfectly every time.

Funny thing is, a lot of people are scared of it. But once they actually use it they think it's great.

I really liked it on my Fabia Greenline. But when I leant the car out at work every person who had it said they were really worried it wouldn't switch back on!

Then afterwards said they thought it was really clever...

The only thing I miss on my Yeti is the stop/start system.Some of the traffic lights in Liverpool seem to be stuck on red forever so,its back to switching off the engine if I know the wait is going to be particulary long.

Funny thing is, a lot of people are scared of it. But once they actually use it they think it's great.

I really liked it on my Fabia Greenline. But when I leant the car out at work every person who had it said they were really worried it wouldn't switch back on!

Then afterwards said they thought it was really clever...

That sounds just like 'park assist'. I was scared the first couple of times, and made that grab at the steering wheel, as it was just an unnatural reaction to not touch the wheel as the car is turning.....................now I wave at people which BOTH hands while in park assisting :giggle:

Mine is very hit or miss when it comes to the stop/start, some days it works great, others, no matter what I do it won't work.

If the climate control is on and set too high it won't work because of the temp difference between interior and exterior.

Some days the temp guage reads lower so again it won't work, I'm thinking of fitting a small rad blank to see if I get a more stable temp, and see if it works better.

Mine is very hit or miss when it comes to the stop/start, some days it works great, others, no matter what I do it won't work.

If the climate control is on and set too high it won't work because of the temp difference between interior and exterior.

Some days the temp guage reads lower so again it won't work, I'm thinking of fitting a small rad blank to see if I get a more stable temp, and see if it works better.

I found on my Fabia there were a lot of reasons it wouldn't work, as it does have a lot of criteria in the control system.

You've got battery demand, level of climate control needed, harsh steering (are you parking? Better not switch off then) and various other factors like regen cycle. So you can never guess when it's going to work or not.

Overall, mine worked about 80% of the time I expected it too. More as the car got older funnily enough.