mk 2 vrs very ill. could be new engine.

Because one car has engine failure? :giggle:

You need a Micra..They are very reliable says my mates grandmother!! :hi::giggle:

I get your point. :thumbup:

But there seem to be many reports of different worrying issues with these engines the more I look

around. They certainly don't yet have the same reputation for general reliability that the PD engines have.

I've been thinking of a change and recently I saw a black on black mark 2 that I really genuinely fell in love with.

But it makes me feel very uneasy to read about things like this on a relatively new engine.

Definitely enough to question whether blowing 10 grand plus on one of these is a good idea.

I get your point. :thumbup:

But there seem to be many reports of different worrying issues with these engines the more I look

around. They certainly don't yet have the same reputation for general reliability that the PD engines have.

I've been thinking of a change and recently I saw a black on black mark 2 that I really genuinely fell in love with.

But it makes me feel very uneasy to read about things like this on a relatively new engine.

Definitely enough to question whether blowing 10 grand plus on one of these is a good idea.

meh, dont worry about it , mine has been fine! lol.. but then I had a fiat that lasted 110k witout issues! *gasp!

not wishing to join the doom sayers, and why would i when own one, when the vRS was announced almost two years ago i was sceptical about a 1.4 putting out almost 180 bhp. i hope i am very wrong as i do love the car (even though i think my 1.2 TSI makes a better noise from inside the car, probably just related to the amount of sound deadening)

not wishing to join the doom sayers, and why would i when own one, when the vRS was announced almost two years ago i was sceptical about a 1.4 putting out almost 180 bhp. i hope i am very wrong as i do love the car (even though i think my 1.2 TSI makes a better noise from inside the car, probably just related to the amount of sound deadening)

As I mentioned in another post, Citroen have a 1.6 turbo in the C4 now with 250 bhp. I guess they'll be getting their customers to sign a disclaimer in the event that the oil isn't checked daily :smirk:

so these issues must be affecting VW Polo GTI and Seat Ibiza?

Yep, just take a look on seatcupra.net and you will find numerous problems.

Also try googling 1.4tsi issues in google, I'd make yourself a brew while your at it though!

If it's under warranty doesn't it just get put right by the dealer, who lends you a courtesy car while they're doing the work?

That's if there's not a 1 week waiting list for it.

seems like nearly all the issues with the engine are relating to the plugs, maybe the standard plugs just arnt up to the job?

I uprated mine. Didn't change anything.

That's if there's not a 1 week waiting list for it.

If you've been recovered by Skoda Assist they should have organised a hire car for you from Enterprise, Hertz etc. My Fabia was recovered with a failed wiper motor (!) and I got an Insignia in return.

Hope things are moving along Tom, make sure the dealer puts everything right and reject if you're not happy.

Have you engaged Skoda UK yet? Might be worth making them aware so that they can track progress and pressurise dealer if necc

well the news is the engine is stripped today new one on over night to the uk should be at dealer by tomorrow afternoon, and car back by saturday fingers crossed. all under the warranty and they have said the next service is on them....

car didnt look good tonight when i popped by.

well the news is the engine is stripped today new one on over night to the uk should be at dealer by tomorrow afternoon, and car back by saturday fingers crossed. all under the warranty and they have said the next service is on them....

car didnt look good tonight when i popped by.

Tom, hope that is the end of your woes.

Good news about the repair estimate. Hopefully this is a just a one off for the engine.

I know that the 1.4TSI engine has had a good few issues. The engine is kicking out a lot of power for its size and is young, even though used o various platforms. Surely inevitable that there will be problems but the significant issue is that the dealer and skoda are sorting it, all be it with a minor glitch of 'change the plugs'!!!!!.

At least the dealer has offered you a free service, yes on a brand mew engine, but more than they had to do.

I know I almost always do but I have to agree. I'm known to drive quite hard especially if roads are empty. Most of the time I'm in traffic so driving in anger when the opportunity arises balances it out. I'm going to try and calm down a bit and hold myself back ready for Combe where I can go for it. The fruit pastille analogy is spot on. Asked my cousin and he has the same "problem"

So you can't put a Rowntrees Fruit Pastel in your mouth without chewing it ?

I can but the point is that just as it's hard not to chew a fruit pastille it's also almost impossible not to drive the vRS without booting it

• Like 1

Guest George512

Interesting reading this! Mine has been in the dealer in and out 3 or 4 times in Capitol in Newport, looking for a precarious misfire. I can't say it's been as bad as yours but it has thrown itself into limp mode a couple of times and I've had the "VERKSHOP!" alert as well. What's particularly alarming is you mention the damaged spark plugs - apparently the workshop have taken my plugs out yesterday and they weren't in a great condition either. Perhaps this does point to some common issue between our engines?

Hope it's all well when you get it back though :thumbup: