Bumper protection strip glue

tgarrett

I bought a bumper protection strip 5L 071 360 (with the £100 servicing bung!) but, of course, now find that I should have also ordered Activator (Beta prime), cement (Terostat) and a template....

I can probably busk the last, if I'm careful, but wondered if the glues have common-or-garden versions that don't have VAG's mark up attached and I can just get from B&Q or wherever, or even if they're totally necessary.

If someone's done-this-themselves I'd be grateful for their experiences. What I don't want to end up with is something half stuck on and half not!

Just use super glue applied to the pre glued foam stickies, make sure the bumper is clean and dry, apply a bit of pressure for a few mins, it won't move

• 2 years later...

Hi tgarrett, I have seen your old car for sale at a local garage and wondered if you could tell me if you got the cambelt done at 25000 miles and whether or not you got the MOT suspension advisories sorted?

I want this car lol

Hi tgarrett, I have seen your old car for sale at a local garage and wondered if you could tell me if you got the cambelt done at 25000 miles and whether or not you got the MOT suspension advisories sorted?

I want this car lol

Hope it's not this one....

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/293316-stormy-weather/#entry3483641

I want this car lol

Hasn't been on BriSkoda since Dec 2013!

Yeah I knew it was a long shot, shame there's no other way to contact him, always nice to have some info to use against the dealers

You could try sending him a pm