Leather seats

Hi all,

Is it possible to fit leather seats and door cards from an elegance model to my classic model?

Thanks in advance.

Does your car have seat electrics for height & position? I think most of the cars with leather have electric adjustments, and if your car doesn't have them it is unlikely to have the loom in place for electric seats. You might be able to find a loom to get them working from the likes of Kufatec or similar. They list the harnesses on their site for Passat (though I imagine Superb may be the same or similar). There seem to be two different ones depending on whether the seats have just electric adjustment or memories:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p225_c105_Seat-Heating-w-Seat-Memory---Harness---VW-Passat-3B.html

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p463_c105_Seat-Heating-w-Seat-Adjustment---Harness---VW-Passat-3B.html

The drivers seat in my Edition 100 (memory seat) can be accessed via the diagnostics port, whereas the passenger seat is just a dumb electric adjustment seat with no memory.

Sounds like it might be quite a bit of work.

I guess if you are handy and didn't want to put in the electrics, you might be able to get the seat squabs and covers onto your existing manual seat bodies? Not sure how that might work.

you might be able to get the seat squabs and covers onto your existing manual seat bodies? Not sure how that might work.

not sure if the seats are a different shape at all - don't think classics have lumber support control.

You can fit seats even from B5 Passat like I did. Found perfect leather seats with alcantra in the middle and fitted them in 1 hour. Only problem is, that rear seat side cushions are different, cause the Superb is longer than Passat. These need to be releathered by some work shop and voila. I even have working heated seats now :D.

not sure if the seats are a different shape at all - don't think classics have lumber support control.

My superb classic has lumbar support

You can fit seats even from B5 Passat like I did. Found perfect leather seats with alcantra in the middle and fitted them in 1 hour. Only problem is, that rear seat side cushions are different, cause the Superb is longer than Passat. These need to be releathered by some work shop and voila. I even have working heated seats now :D.

How did you get the heated seats connected/working ??

Please can you give me more details.

I already had heated seats, but the thermistor on the driver's seat was toasted. As I got a bargain I couldn't refuse, I installed passat seats right away (after some cleaning of course). The connectors were same, but for Passat seats there were only 4 pins inside plug. Skoda had 6. As I looked at it, Skoda's plug gives away signal from every pin, but Passat had a separating harness under the seats for that. So I just plugged in and everything works fine. All the steps from 1-5 for heated seats. Even airbag didn't give me any fault codes. Looked to me that the coding was the same :).

I already had heated seats, but the thermistor on the driver's seat was toasted. As I got a bargain I couldn't refuse, I installed passat seats right away (after some cleaning of course). The connectors were same, but for Passat seats there were only 4 pins inside plug. Skoda had 6. As I looked at it, Skoda's plug gives away signal from every pin, but Passat had a separating harness under the seats for that. So I just plugged in and everything works fine. All the steps from 1-5 for heated seats. Even airbag didn't give me any fault codes. Looked to me that the coding was the same :).

Did you go from memory seats to just electric seats? That could explain the extra 2 pins on the Skoda seats (comms to the seat controller)