SE 140CR, no build date 7 weeks from order

Hi All,

I've ordered a Twindoor SE 140CR, manual, no extras (only spare wheel and mats), in week 3.

Quoted delivery date 1st of April and suggested can get it even as early as late March.

However, after 7 weeks dealer says still no build date confirmed although the factory already accepted the order.

Is this normal?

Well it was last year - my Superb Estate CR 140 took 7 months from order to delivery.

Not sure what Skoda UK and the factory have done to improve leadtimes for 2012.

Ordered my 170cr elegance 4x4 with loads of extras 10th January and been told by my dealer that the build week is confirmed as week 12 (this week) which is much sooner than I anticipated.

I became the very proud owner of a Superb 2.0 cr se hatch last week. I only wanted the standard car with a spare wheel and i secured one of a small number available and waiting at Emden Docks in Germany for allocation. I had about 5 colours to choose from. I picked steel grey and is fantastic.From order to collect took 2 weeks and 2 days. Did your dealer attempt to source Skoda stock?. All the paperwork suggests that the car was only built in February so had not been sat around.

I traded in a 59 Ford Mondeo 1.8 tdci Zetec which was really disappointing. The Superb is really several classes above a Ford. Hope you enjoy it when you get it.

I am one very happy Skoda Driver.

Thought a plain Pacific Blue manual twindoor 140 CR with FWD would have been much quicker than a 4x4 170, but maybe this is down to the quota of different dealers...

Just need a bit more patience :-D

To G Bain,

Yes, we went through the stock list, however no close match (most stock cars have loads of extras on them and beyond my budget...). I told them any colour would be fine.

Great you love your car. I'm looking forward to mine.

Ordered my 170cr elegance 4x4 with loads of extras 10th January and been told by my dealer that the build week is confirmed as week 12 (this week) which is much sooner than I anticipated.

Not wishing to disbelieve the dealer I would check (on his screen) that it is so, as that build date should be on the top right with a confirmation (number 10 or 20) in a box on the top left of the same screen.

Hope it is as mine was ordered on 311211 and my build week was week 11 then 21 now (awaiting confirmation) week 14.

Not wishing to disbelieve the dealer I would check (on his screen) that it is so, as that build date should be on the top right with a confirmation (number 10 or 20) in a box on the top left of the same screen.

Hope it is as mine was ordered on 311211 and my build week was week 11 then 21 now (awaiting confirmation) week 14.

Dealer e-mailed me last Tuesday that it had been built and was already in transit to port, bang on time. I hope yours is not too far off since they seem to be producing cars on schedule at the moment!!

Dealer told me today that mines is on the transporter from Newcastle today. should see it tomorrow or thursday.

Ordered 21st January!!

Into the 28th week of my wait for my Superb and my build has just gone back to build week 22 - Getting very frustrated with being fobbed off about delays with 4x4s when posts on here suggest 4x4 orders for some are quite quick (especially L&K - which wasn't an option back when I ordered!) - I must've been real bad in a previous life!!!! :devil:

28!!! That's nothing. I'm now into my 40th week and waiting for a week 19 build, if it doesn't move again (started off wk 5, then 14, then nothing, then 18 and now 19). I know frustration, and now I also have a big repair bill on my Vectra for a new crankshaft pulley and bits that would have been someone else's problem had my Superb been built when first scheduled. C'est la vie! Dealer quotes DSG box supply as main reason for my delay.

Into the 28th week of my wait for my Superb and my build has just gone back to build week 22 - Getting very frustrated with being fobbed off about delays with 4x4s when posts on here suggest 4x4 orders for some are quite quick (especially L&K - which wasn't an option back when I ordered!) - I must've been real bad in a previous life!!!! :devil:

Thats nonsense! I have ordered a 4x4 with many extras (except DSG!!)

Mine is standard SE trim should have no supply chain issue

I think it's just my local dealer don't have enough quota so the factory back pushed my order for two months so 10 weeks becomes 16 weeks :-(

• 2 weeks later...

finally a build date is secured: week 16, expected to be delivered week 18 or 19

so 13 weeks from order to build date, 15 to 16 weeks from order to delivery.

looking forward to the car in early May.

Fingers crossed!

Collected my car yesterday. Ordered end Jan, delivered to dealer end March. I guess I was just lucky or has the dealer quota really got a lot to do with it??

you are so lucky! And I believe it's down to quota.

pretty sure the dealer wants my money like I want my car...

Collected my car yesterday. Ordered end Jan, delivered to dealer end March. I guess I was just lucky or has the dealer quota really got a lot to do with it??

I know it's been a while, but my car was ordered in May 2010, and didn't arrive by Sept 2010 - had to take a cancelled car which was in the country. Still, it was better spec, so couldn't complain!

I know its no consolation, but have seen posts around here & other VAG site that 140 Diesel with DSG is a major headache, if its either, its just a headache.

Yes a previous poster was correct about DSG boxes being in short supply, I saw an announcement about 8 months ago that Skoda were hoping to manufacture DSG boxes to cope with the backlog. Dont know what came of that.

Mine is manual, FWD 140CR. Standard SE, no extra, pacific blue, still 16 weeks.

Was told by the dealer 170 is more popular and has longer waiting time.

However it seems the diesel engines have no logistic problem this year. I believe it's down to dealer's monthly quota...

Mine is manual, FWD 140CR. Standard SE, no extra, pacific blue, still 16 weeks.

Was told by the dealer 170 is more popular and has longer waiting time.

However it seems the diesel engines have no logistic problem this year. I believe it's down to dealer's monthly quota...

Ask your dealer for proof of the date he placed the order. It seems that he may have put it off for a spell, perhaps to let it fall into a different calendar month or something like that which the dealers use to juggle bonuses etc.

I've got an order number on that day and he submitted it in a seems-to-be Skoda ordering system in front of me.

So you mean they can do something after that for example cancelling and resubmitting to juggle bonuses?!

Ask your dealer for proof of the date he placed the order. It seems that he may have put it off for a spell, perhaps to let it fall into a different calendar month or something like that which the dealers use to juggle bonuses etc.