Cambelt renewal 09 VRS with CR engine.

I have been given two different renewal periods, by main dealers , for the cambelt on my 2009 Octavia VRS with the common rail engine (code CEGA). One is saying it is due at 95,000 miles and the other is saying that it is due at 120,000 miles. Reading my new Haynes manual that turned up today, it says 95,000 for the PD engine and 120,000 for the common rail.I was intending getting it replaced in April when I should be on about 100,000 miles. Any thoughts on this please.

120k miles as per your service book under toothed belt change.

yes change it as soon as possible.these mileage's are only a guide i had a omega recommended change at 80.000 broke at 61.000 took me 3 months to get vauxhall to pay, for the sake 20.000 miles its not worth worry.

bill

If in doubt ring Skoda UK on 08457 745 745 with your reg/VIN number and ask them to confirm the correct interval via email.

This way you have the latest information and written proof if required.

Thanks to all who replied , I received an email back from Skoda today confirming 120,000 miles or 4 years, I will get it done at about 105,000 , having just had to pay out for 4 new michelin PS3's

The good old 4 year rule again :)

• Like 2

Thanks to all who replied , I received an email back from Skoda today confirming 120,000 miles or 4 years, I will get it done at about 105,000 , having just had to pay out for 4 new michelin PS3's

Why at 105k when they have confirmed 120k?

Why at 105k when they have confirmed 120k?

I am planning to keep the car for another two years when it should be on about 180,000 miles so Its just peace of mind really. I have opted out of the company car scheme and we have to replace after five years.

I am planning to keep the car for another two years when it should be on about 180,000 miles so Its just peace of mind really. I have opted out of the company car scheme and we have to replace after five years.

So? SUK say 120k.....this means it will last at least 120k....they must have tested way way past this point.

Its like having a 10k service interval and servicing it at 5k just in case or replacing your tyres when they are only half worn.

So if anyone has done, say 30,000 in 4 years....Skoda recommend a cambelt change??

I dont think so Skoda!!!!

• Like 1

So if anyone has done, say 30,000 in 4 years....Skoda recommend a cambelt change??

I dont think so Skoda!!!!

So what you're basically saying is that if you only do 7.5k per year your cambelt will easily last 16+ years?

So? SUK say 120k.....this means it will last at least 120k....they must have tested way way past this point.

Its like having a 10k service interval and servicing it at 5k just in case or replacing your tyres when they are only half worn.

As he is going to have to get it done sometime, and only once in the time he expects to continue to own the car (whether that's now or at 120k) - why "so?"?