BUILD DATE FOR OCTAVIA 1.8 TSI DSG ELEGANCE

ORDERED WEEK BEFORE XMAS TOLD BY DEALER 12 TO 14 WEEKS TO BE BUILT 2 WEEKS AFTER XMAS TOLD BUILD WEEK WAS WEEK 19 TODAY TOLD BUILD WEEK 33 IM SERIOUSLY MIFFED THINK I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK AND GO ELSEWHERE ..... I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

Edited by chriskaye

You really should be SHOUTING at your dealer to be honest. By all means tell people here about the problems, but shouting here won't help.

All VAG vehicles are more or less on a "built as ordered" basis, means a greatly reduced risk for the company but unfortunately means the customer has to wait.

Are you going for DSG? I've heard that is the common reason for delayed builds at the moment as parts are scarce.

You say about "going elsewhere" - If you're staying with Skoda then no dealer will get you anything any quicker, if you're going for another brand that might be a different matter of course.

Are you desperate for brand new? Might find a dealer network 12-18 month model that meets requirements and you could get it instantly?

DEALER HAS BEEN TOLD OF MY ANNOYANCE AM AWAITING HIS RESPONSE ( apoligies for shouting just getting it out of my system) it is a dsg but surely the can give a more realistic estimate when you order I am thinking of getting a different make busy on pc now researching.......

Edited by chriskaye

If you've got an order number, what does trackmyskoda.co.uk say?

Dealer has told me that my car is currently down for week 16 but track my Skoda says 'Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date' so I assume week 16 isn't definite!

Must be a supply problem with DSG parts - I collected my 1.8 TSI the weekend before last - ordinary manual - it was forecast 12 weeks and ready within 10 weeks.

This subject has been covered many times before, unfortunately any build week is only provisional until confirmed by the factory which usually happens about a couple of weeks beforehand. It will be worth the wait as they are great cars and you will be happy that you relaxed and let the car arrive when it finally turns up.

Ian

Chriskaye

I have a Octavia L&K 1.8TSI DSG ordered 3rd week in January and my provisional build date is also week 33. Perhaps they're saving our cars up to be built that week...

I will be waiting for mine as it will be worth it in the end.

Cheers

Jonno

Chriskaye

I have a Octavia L&K 1.8TSI DSG ordered 3rd week in January and my provisional build date is also week 33. Perhaps they're saving our cars up to be built that week...

I will be waiting for mine as it will be worth it in the end.

Cheers

Jonno

Dealer has offered me a further discount to wait. im waitigg for him to ring today with his offer

If you've got an order number, what does trackmyskoda.co.uk say?

Dealer has told me that my car is currently down for week 16 but track my Skoda says 'Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date' so I assume week 16 isn't definite!

mine says the same

You're quite right - I found it via Google. Apparently its run by Vision Automotive Group who have Skoda dealerships in Mansfield and Sheffield.

I wonder if anyone with a car currently in production could stick their order number in and see what it comes back with?

• 2 weeks later...

ORDERED WEEK BEFORE XMAS TOLD BY DEALER 12 TO 14 WEEKS TO BE BUILT 2 WEEKS AFTER XMAS TOLD BUILD WEEK WAS WEEK 19 TODAY TOLD BUILD WEEK 33 IM SERIOUSLY MIFFED THINK I WILL GET MY MONEY BACK AND GO ELSEWHERE ..... I AM NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

phoned dealer yesterday now theres no build week on system going to get money back and go to a different manufacturer Edited by chriskaye

I would like to know how much sales/money SUK has lost in the past two years due to the waiting times, and the moving build dates.

Probably goes back longer than this. I ordered an Octavia back in Sept 2004 and was told Dec delivery, then it went back to Feb delivery so cancelled and bought Subaru Legacy Tourer (3 litre/flat 6) which was fantastic but only 21 to the gallon! This week ordered a VRS diesel estate DSG. Hopefully the stated June delivery is accurate.