1.2TSi

slider

Had a golf 1.2 TSi on hire today. wasn't looking forward to it when I was told it had a 1.2 engine but really impressed with this free revving little buzz bomb! beats the cr@p out of the Kia (gone to) Cee'd that I had last week. (engine that is, rest of both cars was pretty bland)

Edited by slider

I am really keen to try this car in a bigger car such as a golf, yeti and octavia. Be good if you could give a full driving impression in the auto test section here. Did it pull well low down, was there much turbo lag and was there any time the engine felt gutless? I have heard it revs well which is surprising as , very unusually these days, it is a single cam two valve per cylinder head.

I am really keen to try this car in a bigger car such as a golf, yeti and octavia. Be good if you could give a full driving impression in the auto test section here. Did it pull well low down, was there much turbo lag and was there any time the engine felt gutless? I have heard it revs well which is surprising as , very unusually these days, it is a single cam two valve per cylinder head.

consider it done

To add my ten pence worth, my new Oct estate with 1.4TSI pulls like a train from very low down, in fact I have trouble keeping her in check while running in. And that't quite a heavy vehicle. So a 1.2 shouldn't be too bad, no worse than say an old 1.6MPI and a lot quieter.

After just over 6,000 miles in the Roomster with the 1.2TSI (105bhp) 7 speed DSG combination, have to say it seems to have few power issues. Maybe if you are towing or the car is fully loaded all the time you might notice a difference but with just a driver and passenger and using the S and Manual modes (or right foot in D mode) when power is required (to keep the engine in the revs power band) there are no problems.

The only time the engine can feel gutless is if the revs are below 2,000 and you want some oomph but selecting S mode keeps the engine in the power band so you don't get the issue. However, just planting your foot in D mode also makes the car rev higher before changing gears. :)

Hi everyone.

I just got a 1.4 tsi octavia. It is the fastest car I have ever driven, well chuffed with it. It has the same bhp as golf gti from a few years ago apparently (122). First half tank of petrol only got 38mpg though, is that the norm or is my foot a bit heavy (only had the car 2 days).

Also, does it have a supercharger as well as a turbo or is that only the larger tsi's are they called tfsi's ?

I would probably go for a 1.2tsi instead of the 1.4tsi now - just for the better mpg. 105 bhp would be easy enough for me.

Just thought I'd add that since getting our Monte Carlo with the 1.2 engine I have been more than impressed. Great little looker and so nippy out and about town. I love it and whilst I was worried about losing my Octy Vrs I have no reservations what so ever. Pulls well on long runs too, it's great. :rofl: