8 weeks and der Computer still says NO!

Well gee at least Skoda UK are apparently as much in the dark as I still am.

it appears that the dealership have ordered a SECOND replacment mechatronic unit, I wonder does this one have to come by boat as well,

All quite shambolic.

Mr Toyota here I come.

For ever & ever amen.

Marcus

PS

wor 1998 Steyr Puch went through MOT courtesy of a wash and one new front spring (but I replaced both)

Edited by dieseldogg

funny enough I consulted our Soliceter this afternoon, after being told that the second replacment mechatronic unit was now on order.......and it could be a few days sir

I will be round up all e-mail/transcripts of muliple ph calls,event history etc etc (sorry more saga)etc etc and writing sommat more formal to sombody on Monday

I still suspect that this is a generic software fault and they are desperately trying to get a patch written.

Ironic that our son is currently studying mechatronics at uni

At this rate I doubt that Skoda will be offering him a job!, when he qualifies :giggle:

Did you get it from JMH in first place or does it just live there now? I am sure you have said in the past but I cannot remember?

No I purchased the car from Lurgan, I hope JMH are merely walk-on players so to speak.

I can understand the problem with warranty work in that the garage cannot proceed without spefic authorisation from the bill payer.

Plus stir in Skoda Technical and it is I can only guess a right merry-go-around before any decision is made or work duly authorised

I do however find the delay and definate lack of communication an issue.

More so from the dealerships than Skoda UK

Plus the apparent inability to diagnose the actual root cause of the problem or indeed fix it.

Regards

M

I suspect you will be passed from pillar to post, me and another member on here received the same dealings with Skoda UK they think if they hold off aslong as possible you will dissapear... sadly not.

I wish you all the best in receiving a favorable outcome who knows we might see each other in court ;)

Gie them a wee kiss frae me there Grizzle

( the wife were raised in Glasgie, when still courting, I once visited her carrying a hugh plastic bucket of Daffodils, got off the train at Central Station at aboot 12 midnight of a Satterday, :love: became very :sweat: pdq)

Still rather have Glasgow as Edinburgh mind.

Anyway, whilst apparenrly being on good terms with some of the staff at Skoda UK, I can fully understand the job they are paid to do :wall:

And am therefore in the best possible good natured, non acramonious way playing "hardball", but seriously.

Speak softly but carry a big stick like.

Thanks for your good wishes btw

PS

I still like the car, except for this very badly handeled transmission issue it does do what it was advertised to do/why we bought it.

But at this rate, never never another Skoda

Well unless a new replacment freebie Superb or Yeti. :giggle: