Happy First Birthday

Today is my VRS's first birthday and its sitting sadly only having covered 5984 miles but it has been fantastic all the same 5200 of those miles were done in 4 days lol. Not much to say that hasn't been said before but I can confirm that my mainly cold engine short journeys have given no DPF issues so far and everything has been great remapped at 1515 miles and transformed the car also had its colour coded grill done around same time finishes the car off nicely for me. I have a columbus on the way should be here late next week :rock:.

My favourite points on the car:

1. Colour Race Blue IMO no other colour says VRS from a distance than race blue and it does suit the car (I am fond of White and Red)

2. Diesel CR engine Had a 1.9 PD in my Furby VRS before couldn't fault it but the CR is a lot more refined and for me better overall.

3. Size ........ need I say any more apart from why would anyone pay more for a equally speced Golf???

4. Build Quality not the best in the world by any means but for its range and price its superior to many and highly competitive with others.

5. Running Costs, MPG for my longer trips has been 52-56mpg (after remap and still not run in). Road tax in UK reasonable too.

6. Badge, apart from people who know nothing about cars I have had plenty of requests to see/ experience it.

7. Exclusivity, As it is with me in the Netherlands I have only seen one other VRS here and that's someone I know (unlike UK)

8. Briskoda, Simply put the best online forum/community for any car brand I have ever found massive thanks to all who run and pa-troll.

9. VCDS Capabilities, Although I am too tight to pay for a VCDS cable (I am a Skoda owner ffs) It amazes me all that can be played with.

10.Standard seats, I really like them fantastic!

Bad points on the car:

1. The stock CR170 power delivery in comparison to a simple stage 1 custom remap.

2. Dealer buying experience, lies and absolutely unacceptable behaviour MOTORLINE SKODA DARTFORD!

3. Chrome Grill Surround, some like it many don't thats fine but should be an option IMO and why the heck not?

4. MFSW/Folding Mirrors, Should be an option for non DSG owners for wheel and VRS model in UK for the mirrors WE WANT IT!

5. Skoda Badges, as much as I like them they are both starting to de-laminate this is common and should have been addressed!

Gave it a good clean today dried properly with blower and all perfect again pulled it out of garage and instantly started to rain threw it back in dried again then hail stones :rain: booooooo now abandoned in garage.

And my 2 fav pics (only a few weeks ago)

side2re.jpg

395876_10151306117925694_698900693_23008288_757976189_n.jpg

That is all!

• Like 1

Lovely car and I agree totally about the cr power delivery been bad and u shouldn't need To remap a car to get it to feel faster than it should be and this is why the pd wins for me.

Yes blue is the best colour and white been second for me too :)

How come u have covered such small miles?

It's strange that vrs tdi owners in the uk have such small miles covered and yet any vrs imported from the uk to Ireland have over 100k on them!

• Like 1

Lovely car and I agree totally about the cr power delivery been bad and u shouldn't need To remap a car to get it to feel faster than it should be and this is why the pd wins for me.

Yes blue is the best colour and white been second for me too :)

How come u have covered such small miles?

It's strange that vrs tdi owners in the uk have such small miles covered and yet any vrs imported from the uk to Ireland have over 100k on them!

Mine is in the Netherlands :hi: (but im from NI) . Did such low mileage because in summer on a touring holiday on bike I had a serious accident in Kerry (started tour in Holland and made it that far...) ironically I was on my way to Galway that day. Had to learn to walk again 6 months after accident etc :wall: . I did like my 1.9PD in the Fabia VRS before this one but still had to have it remapped too :D 173.3bhp done in Auto Tune in Ballymena likewise with the Octavia what a difference :rock:. I miss the Fabia still if im honest was a cracking wee car only had 35K on it when I sold it at bang on 4 years old.

The ones sent to ROI only have 100k on them as we like to run them in for you guys :devil:

Well personally I wouldn't buy a uk vrs for several reasons , mine is Irish with only 98k km so around 59k miles ;)

I'll keep it a year and then maybe buy a 2010 one with the watered down cr ;)

• Like 1

Well personally I wouldn't buy a uk vrs for several reasons , mine is Irish with only 98k km so around 59k miles ;)

I'll keep it a year and then maybe buy a 2010 one with the watered down cr ;)

Have no fear with the CR the difference people comment on is the punch or kick of power as the turbo on or turbo off non sophisticated PD does its thing. The CR is a lil quicker as it goes stock for stock but your getting the power a lot smoother and consistently throughout the rev range. Some people just can't get over the fact, if they prefer the kick and deadness before thats dead on but they seem to think CR is slower as they dont feel it but have a smoother delivery throughout.

Happy First Birthday to your car Fubar, its almost my cars 1st Birthday too!

Aye was thinking that earlier yours wasn't far off mine. When is the big day?

Agree with all you say, mine is 2 on April 10th. I have had all my badges replaced in September '11 and already the rear one is delaminating again. Will raise the issue when i get me rear seat bolster sorted.

Happy Birthday!

Agree with all you say, mine is 2 on April 10th. I have had all my badges replaced in September '11 and already the rear one is delaminating again. Will raise the issue when i get me rear seat bolster sorted.

Happy Birthday!

Badges are a joke! Its their symbol to the rest of the world should be one of highest quality parts on car, no one wants to see a scabby Skoda badge on a 1 year old car will give it another few months then hit them for replacements. Front one is new when I got my new grill surround couldn't be bothered removing old one so just ordered one then its going same way.

• Like 1

Badges are a joke! Its their symbol to the rest of the world should be one of highest quality parts on car, no one wants to see a scabby Skoda badge on a 1 year old car will give it another few months then hit them for replacements. Front one is new when I got my new grill surround couldn't be bothered removing old one so just ordered one then its going same way.

Front one has been fine, just the wheels and the rear badge that had gone and at the moment just the rear, but the 18's have been off over the winter.

Its not like i never clean my car either, annoyingly.

It is exactly the same with VW. Had the badges changed countless times on my 2004 Bora and the wheel centres are now barely visible due to all the white worm now.

my winter wheels have yet to be put on only got a good deal on some audi alloys towards end of snow so will hold off until next year. That aside the wheel badges haven't seen much action due to mileage, time will tell. I have the extended warranty to 5 years lucky really as, as I see I have wasted a year of warranty by not getting many miles covered!

my winter wheels have yet to be put on only got a good deal on some audi alloys towards end of snow so will hold off until next year. That aside the wheel badges haven't seen much action due to mileage, time will tell. I have the extended warranty to 5 years lucky really as, as I see I have wasted a year of warranty by not getting many miles covered!

My car has done 26k now and the rear badge has been on for 8k now which is appaling really.

Once mine is out of warranty, i will be badgering the dealers for badges every so often under the SOGA :think:

Perhaps the new black badges will be better..... :rain:

I agree with everything you say , apart from it should be petrol :giggle: , Happy birtdhday, skoda replaced all my wheel center badges twice and the rear badge once.I ordered the new logo`d badges last year ( June) but they will not release until the Citygo is released

I agree with everything you say , apart from it should be petrol :giggle: ,

That's lucky because I never said "it should be petrol" :giggle: I said good mpg and cheap road tax not low mpg and expensive road tax im sure :blush:. Petrol cost me €1.88 a litre last week when filling bike where as diesel here cost me €1.39 a litre. That makes petrol shockingly expensive to run costs me gutts of €40 every time I go for a spin on bike :wall:

Bike does sound nicer though I must admit :D (same bike as seen in reflection in first pic above)

Wow that is a huge difference, mind you if I used the car everyday 25 miles( instead of cycling to work and back) I too would be in a diesel, your cars looking sweet, glad you have made a full recovery :thumbup:

My Motto Guzzi 850 Le mans Black and gold , ( with baffles removed) sounded sweeter

• Like 1

Wow that is a huge difference, mind you if I used the car everyday 25 miles( instead of cycling to work and back) I too would be in a diesel, your cars looking sweet, glad you have made a full recovery :thumbup:

Cheers, unfortunately not a full recovery can more or less walk now but that's about it and not very far lost a lot of range of movement on ankle and some on knee and most of feeling in lower leg. I hope to get some more back but its been ages now! Been able to ride bike again for a month now though so not all bad 220bhp and all going to 1 wheel its emotional!

I would also add that there are quite a few dirt hang up points on an Octy eg. between panels, bump strips on door, around the rear number plate etc...I thought my Leon FR was bad!

A nice touch for me (literally) is a small one...the rubber pad behind the internal door lever which somehow gives a feel of quality..

Happy 1st birthday...very nice looking motor....