Skoda warranty....

A relative of mine has an Octy coming up to its third birthday. It's a 1.9 Tdi Classic Estate and has been approached by both SUK and the dealer offering a continued warranty. The SUK one doesn't cover DPF or cambelt work whereas the dealer's does. The dealer's is also £100 dearer. Opinions ?

I'd put the money you would pay into a warranty into a savings account.

That way if you don't need to claim the money is all yours. If you do then you have it already!

• Like 3

£100 quid extra per year = £400 cam belt change every 4 years, so I guess that makes the added DPF cover free.

Look carefully at the details to see what they cover conecrning the DPF. If it gunks up permanently and you have to fork out for a new one, they may claim that's ''normal wear & tear'', and not covered.

not worth the paper its written on personally, put the money into an account ;)

I wouldt know, got myself a new set of front shockers under warranty not so long back, i didt have to do anything other the book the car in when it suited me.

The only going on im having is the DMF atm

DPF or DMF? Does a 1.9TDI 105PS classic have a Diesel Particulate Filter? I don't think it does, not on the Octavia anyway. Its only the Scout and vRS at that age.

If we are talking about a Dual Mass Flywheel then that may be covered by the warranty, a DPF (when fitted) is a 'consumable' and won't be covered when it wear out - which it will.

I think the Teves Mk60 ESP controller is a known issue, something to do with an internal pressure transducer if memory serves. Your 07 L&K most likely used that version.

Good that it was fixed under warranty as that can be quite pricey.

Yep thats correct dstev, the problem the dealer had was that there were no warning lights or fault codes, but the HHC clearly did not work. The warranty company approved the job, luckily :whew:

Right, I've mentioned both points of view and he's going for the dealer cover. I asked him to check with them about the DPF too, as I assumed it had one being a diseasel like mine.