New Superb or Yeti...?

Currently contemplating changing the Yeti for either another Yeti or a Superb, and not sure what to do.

I would like a DSG car this time round and given recent winters swmbo is pretty sure we should get another 4x4. Now I was considering a petrol model this time round as I only do about 8-10k miles a year, but Skoda seem to only offer DSG 4x4 models of the Yeti & Superb in Diesel form.

DSG 4x4 Yeti Diesel Elegance with options comes to £24,450 (may get cheaper via DTD)

DSG Superb Elegance 4x4 Hatch with options comes to £27,000 but is currently available on the 0% vat offer so that would bring it down to probably slightly less than the Yeti.

Decisions Decisions.......

Currently contemplating changing the Yeti for either another Yeti or a Superb, and not sure what to do.

I would like a DSG car this time round and given recent winters swmbo is pretty sure we should get another 4x4. Now I was considering a petrol model this time round as I only do about 8-10k miles a year, but Skoda seem to only offer DSG 4x4 models of the Yeti & Superb in Diesel form.

DSG 4x4 Yeti Diesel Elegance with options comes to £24,450 (may get cheaper via DTD)

DSG Superb Elegance 4x4 Hatch with options comes to £27,000 but is currently available on the 0% vat offer so that would bring it down to probably slightly less than the Yeti.

Decisions Decisions.......

Yeti is available with 1.8 TSI 4wd DSG, at least here...I don`t know if they don`t import it to your country....

Having sat in a Yeti the Superb feels very high class inside. The Yeti is probably more 'buggy' like, which isn't bad if thats your thing.

I chose a Superb and if the costs for the Yeti were higher, than would cement my decision even more.

Yeti is available with 1.8 TSI 4wd DSG, at least here...I don`t know if they don`t import it to your country....

We are not allowed that combo in the UK currently. (unfortunately)

What do you want the car for..?

Short journeys - Yeti is fun.... 100 miles or more go for a Superb

Wanna go off road, well go over potholes and the like - Yeti

Wanna take passengers and luggage - Superb

Yeti has very little space (if you have a full sized spare wheel) before you have to start taking seats out..

What are you transporting - 2 adults - Yeti.... 2 adults 2 kids - Yeti .... 4 adults - Superb... Being a 6'3" adult in the back of a Yeti sitting on top of one of the rear wheels is no fun. Rear seat in a Superb, very little comes close.. including the front seats...

Yeti appears to hold its value far better - and other Yeti's wave at you..

Had a Superb... now got a Yeti... been great fun, but it's those long journeys or those family on board with luggage trips... I think I will be going back to a Superb and sod the deprciation.... I would love to keep both, but that ain't practical...

Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...

Go for the Superb - with the 0% VAT its a winner. I just changed my VW Tiguan 2.0TDi 140 (same sort of inside space as a Yeti) for a Superb Elegance Hatchback/Twindoor 2.0TDi 170 4x4 and WOW! So much space for EVERYTHING including passengers and luggage. A recent 1500 mile round trip in France on the Autoroutes at a fairly constant 120-130kph gave me a 45mpg return (fully loaded)! Thats almost exactly 10 miles per litre. AND thats REAL mileage not using the on-board computer jobbie which said 50mpg.

I tow a caravan and this weekend will be its first link up to the Superb - am told its a great tow car and that more powerful 170 engine should be even better. The Tiguan was a great tow car and it has the same basic engine as the 140 Skodas.

I saved over £4500 with their 0% VAT deal which made the Superb CHEAPER than the VW I bought 3 and a half years ago! A no-brainer really.

Edited by Optimist

Next time round, I'm tempted to try the either a MK3 Octy or a Mk7 Golf. I wouldn't choose another Superb as I'm currently on my second at present.