Just traded in my MK1 VRS for a MK2 -

After 3 years of running a Mk1 ( great car ) I decided it was time to get something newer. I found this for sale at Meadens and did a deal : (only pics I have currently) :

vrs3.jpg

vrs2.jpg

2008 VRS TFSI, 1 owner, 35K miles, 18's, xenons, maxidot etc

Had generally positive comments about the colour :rofl: and as far as I am aware this is the only MK2 in Sprint yellow on the Isle of Wight.

Thanks. Cant afford any Mods at the moment, although a revo remap would be nice at some point. Either that or a SMF conversion. I had the G60/ VR6 set up on my MK1 and it was much nicer than the DMF setup on the new car. Not sure if a SMF conversion exists for the tfsi??

Thanks, I originally wanted a race blue one like yours but after seeing Sprint yellow changed my mind. Have you had any problems with yours? How do you find the clutch feel compared to the MK1?

Only problem i have had with mine was on going problem with the boot not opening,took 4 trips to the dealer to fix it(was under warranty) clutch feels fine,no issues with it,the brakes felt better on my mk1 though.

Auric - That new green is awesome. B)

Indeed it is... saw a VRs hatch in green in Chesterfield the other day and then again at Gordon Lambs showroom. Looked great but does stick out like a sore thumb so there'd be no stealth speeding...

I did the same, had my mk1 vRS for 8 years and loved it, so 18 months ago I went for the new vRS.

Love it, much nicer car inside and now the clip has been fitted to stop the wastegate actuator rattling its perfect!

Also went for the estate this time, as the one thing that did bug me was the water seeping in every time you open the boot, don't have that problem now and to be honest, love the shape of the estate, and the boot is huge!!

Steve