Xds and brake mod.

Good morning folks. I was looking out for recent posts on the mod and it seems to have gone a bit quiet. How are you guys getting on with the mods? Are there any issues anyone had found with it? And finally is there anyone in south wales that could sort this out for me.

Cheers guys.

I don't think the 1.2 has the XDS fitted...

But saying that I may be wrong, tech1e is probably your best bet to confirm

If you have a 1.2 TSI DSG then you have all in the ESP package (hill holder, ASR, ABS, MSR, XDS) AFAIK.

If you have a 1.2 TSI DSG then you have all in the ESP package (hill holder, ASR, ABS, MSR, XDS) AFAIK.

You have all except from the XDS (or XDL as stated in the manual) so you don't have something to activate in that case.

Quote from manual page 134:

XDL function (Fabia RS and Fabia Combi RS only)

Apart from the manual, I remember back when I was reading reviews that the XDS was specifically stated as an RS-exclusive feature.

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 1

but de xds is a separete modul in the car or a vagcom software update?

i have the ESP pack, can I activate the bit or byte and then activate XDS?

thanks

You have all except from the XDS (or XDL as stated in the manual) so you don't have something to activate in that case.

Quote from manual page 134:

XDL function (Fabia RS and Fabia Combi RS only)

Apart from the manual, I remember back when I was reading reviews that the XDS was specifically stated as an RS-exclusive feature.

Thank you.

Maybe I'm confused with EDL (electronic differential lock)

Thank you.

Maybe I'm confused with EDL (electronic differential lock)

Yes. If you got ESP then you also got EDL which is one of the ESP subsystems. Now XDS (or XDL as it may be called) is a further extension of EDL that comes only in the RS models.

The way I've understood it, is that it basically does the same thing (braking the inner wheel) but not as a result of lost traction (that's done by the ESP anyway) but due to the inner wheel getting lifted from the road during fast cornering. So it's an additional safety measure that only serves during fast cornering whereas I'd say the ESP has a wider functioning range (sudden changes of the vehicle's track etc.)

So assuming 2 identical cars that take the same corner with excessive speed, more than allowed to stay on track. One has ESP and the other has also XDS. The ESP on the first car will kick in as soon as lost traction is detected, but the one with XDS will start braking its inside wheel a little earlier, as soon as it starts lifting from the ground. However, I guess If the corner's angle is increasing towards the outside of the corner, then the inner wheel will always be firmly on the ground and then there won't be nothing to activate the XDS so at the end, it's left with the ESP to stop slipping, similarly to the 1st car. What do people think?

Edited by newbie69
  • Like 1