Ebay CAI

Anyone fitted one of these?

I seem to be left with a rubber mount and the breather filter, I cant find where the bottom bracket fixes to and I had to move the top horn to get the filter to fit. The aluminium adaptor doesn't fit into the breather pipe connector either.

Have I just fitted it wrong somewhere along the line?

Cheers,

Pat.

I've ha trouble trying to fit mine can't get the filter in place unless i remove the bumper or wheel are liner also my lower bracket i can't seem to get lined up they emailed me instructions saying i had to relocate bits

Depends on what one you got :-)

If i can get my ass out of bed this saturday im putting my one back on now the weather is better.

only had to make a small V bracket to fix it the the side but thats it.

If your still finding it a pain i will post back with pics of my one going on the car saturday night.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5199df920f

Thats my one.

Edited by JackDeath

Depends on what one you got :-)

If i can get my ass out of bed this saturday im putting my one back on now the weather is better.

only had to make a small V bracket to fix it the the side but thats it.

If your still finding it a pain i will post back with pics of my one going on the car saturday night.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5199df920f

Thats my one.

Yep same as the one I've got except for the colour...and the price :giggle:

If you could post up a few pics that would be great :thumbup:

I've got an eBay CAI Kit.

Bracket to wing fits, lower bracket is nowhere near (although filter is held in fine with just the one bracket). Mine fouled on the horns so i had to relocate them with some new (DIY) brackets. I would suggest cutting 1.5-2" off the bottom of the CAI Pipe to make fitting easier. You will need to remove the bottom section of the inner wheel arch liner (3x T20 Torx i think) to get the filter on the end of the pipe.

Not bad for £40 though.

I've got an eBay CAI Kit.

Bracket to wing fits, lower bracket is nowhere near (although filter is held in fine with just the one bracket). Mine fouled on the horns so i had to relocate them with some new (DIY) brackets. I would suggest cutting 1.5-2" off the bottom of the CAI Pipe to make fitting easier. You will need to remove the bottom section of the inner wheel arch liner (3x T20 Torx i think) to get the filter on the end of the pipe.

Not bad for £40 though.

Thats ok then. Thought it was me missing something obvious! I managed to adjust the top horns position using the existing bracket. But I did take the long route to fit the filter by removing the headlight and the bumper vent. Couldnt disconnect the plug from the back of the headlight though...

Cheers,

Pat

Here you go pat if you still need it :giggle:

Just did a guide hope it helps

http://www.briskoda....lling-ebay-cai/

Nice one fella!!

Top 'How to'!

Wish it had been there before I did mine...Doh! Nevermind it'll help quite a few people who haven't fitted one yet.

Can it be pinned to the technical guides?

I still got some useful info from it though, so I'll be doing some adjustments to mine on my next day off.

Cheers JD, your a legend :rock:

you don't need to remove bumper or even inner wheel arch liner , you should be able to just remove the headlight and front bumper grill to give you good access.

CAIFilterfitting017.jpg

CAIFilterfitting011.jpg

VRSAirFilterandthrottlebodyclean021.jpg

VRSAirFilterandthrottlebodyclean023.jpg

VRSAirFilterandthrottlebodyclean025-1.jpg