8 weeks about to become 4 months, & still no word re DSG repair

I will not say too much on here, but am taking it quite seriousley.

A second replacment DSG unit was fitted or was supplied to be fitted last week, I have not heard a dicky-bird in the last week or 10 days despite recorded delivery letters stating my case(posted over a week ago).

I am still bravely in the notion that it is and always was a Software glitch.

But who am I?

Have I got this correct? A dealership has had your car for four months?

What have they been palming you off with all that time, or have you just left them to it? They'd have to come up with some pretty special excuses about part availability to keep it that long.

On the record status, yes - I might ring up Skoda UK and ask them if they know of any to beat this one...

• Like 2

the car was less than a year old when both the Dealership & Skoda UK were notified as to the problem, which the refused to acknowledge was a problem.....that was the way the gearbox was intended to work etc etc Sir.

Involve Trading Standards and a solicitor ASAP. You have a lot of consumer rights on this and four months is completely unnaceptable.

I'd be tempted to write to SUK, explain the issue and tell them they have 14 days to resolve the issue completely to your satisfaction otherwise you will persue a legal route. You should also state that you are in touch with the motoring press and are in discussions with regard to running an article which may reflect badly on Skoda's current excellent track record of customer service..........

Names, dates, times and conversation detail all needs to be logged......

Involve Trading Standards and a solicitor ASAP. You have a lot of consumer rights on this and four months is completely unnaceptable.

I'd be tempted to write to SUK, explain the issue and tell them they have 14 days to resolve the issue completely to your satisfaction otherwise you will persue a legal route. You should also state that you are in touch with the motoring press and are in discussions with regard to running an article which may reflect badly on Skoda's current excellent track record of customer service..........

Names, dates, times and conversation detail all needs to be logged......

Are you serious??. i hope not lol

Skoda's Customer Service is dismal!!, Dealing with British Gas is easier than these shower of incompetent morons.

Will fisher, Mark fox and now Shelly Lynch couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery, and it seems from this guys dealings with skoda that the "just keep fobbing off the customer as long as you can" school of thinking is still evident at Skoda.

Face up to your problems Skoda cause i know you will be reading my posts ;)

Well iffen Skodas web page had of been able to accept an email the couple of times I attempted it would have been a start.

They are strangely? enough good about replying to ph Calls, if one does not get the right person at the time.

Well they were????

Its gone very quiet this last while?????.

Ps

I had to phone Skoda UK to get the blinking address to send them a letter.

(Listing the history and shambolic treatment plus various compensatory "demands" including a replacment vehicle in the first instance.)

Such information was nowhere to be found on their website as far as I could see.

Scheesh.

Now Toyota on the other hand in respect of our daughters new car

an absolute pleasure to deal with, even when the made a boo-boo and immeadiately "fessed up", & with a very acceptable contribution.

The car in front an all that............................. :giggle:

Edited by dieseldogg