Front strut mounts

when i pull away i get a metalic clunk, has started doing it over bumps aswell now.

in the last year it's had

front drop links

antiroll bar rubbers

new lower arms with poly flex bushes and new ball joints

new front bearings

dog bone poly flexed

pair of drive shafts

both track rods and ends

been to 3 different garages and none of them can find the problem.

she's on 170k and tax is up on sat night so if not cured i'll just sorn her and sell/break her.

So it's still got the original top mounts on it? (I assume so if it's just had new springs rather than coilovers)

Mine were shot by 110k so by 170k I wouldn't be surprised if they'd collapsed. You normally notice a clonking more when turning though as it puts more pressure on one side and less on the other side.

Engine mount, gearbox side.

I just changed mine and the car is on the whole much less rattly.

How is it when pulling off, does it feel almost like a gap between you lifting clutch and it moving ?

all the suspension was replaced with new genuine parts just before i bought it at 100k so they've gone about 70k.

engine mounts have been checked and all solid.

i've got some new top mounts at home so they will be fitted sat and if no joy i will admit defeat lol

well considering the amount of suspension stuff you changed maybe there is a subframe bolt loose or missing?

it can easily happen if someone was under the car forgot what they tighten and didnt tighten and over time it worked its self loose? could be worth a check.??? wouldnt wanna sell your car over a missing bolt!

would be a shame to scrap her over something as trivial as this

i know you need reliability but you'll eventually track it down so i'd be patient and look at all the options

• Like 1