Vrs injector recall disaster advice really would be appreciated

Hi all. My 1st post although been a member a good while.

I have a 06 octavia vrs tdi. 55k 1 previous owner always been dealer serviced and is my pride and joy.

I got the letter from skoda last week for the injector recall. I booked it in at my local dealer and they gave me the car back at the end of the day saying it had the correct injectors. I took the car home (1/2 mile) seemed ok. Next day took car out seemed ok after approx 18 miles car started to misfire/shudder so as I was only down the road from the dealers I decided to take it back to them. Before I got there it made a horrible noise and thick smoke out the back and the revs started to rise on its own I turned it off as quick as I could and coasted to a stop. The aa turned up ( 10mins????) he checked the oil level and it gone sky high and had diesel in it he towed me straight to the dealer. And they said they will investigate tomorrow.

This seems like too much of a co-incidence to me. My car has always had the best treatment from me and the previous owner. I would really appreciate any advice from anyone as I really like my vrs and spent a year finding the one I got. I know it's not looking good for me but looking for a little guidance. Thanks

Hi all. My 1st post although been a member a good while.

I have a 06 octavia vrs tdi. 55k 1 previous owner always been dealer serviced and is my pride and joy.

I got the letter from skoda last week for the injector recall. I booked it in at my local dealer and they gave me the car back at the end of the day saying it had the correct injectors. I took the car home (1/2 mile) seemed ok. Next day took car out seemed ok after approx 18 miles car started to misfire/shudder so as I was only down the road from the dealers I decided to take it back to them. Before I got there it made a horrible noise and thick smoke out the back and the revs started to rise on its own I turned it off as quick as I could and coasted to a stop. The aa turned up ( 10mins????) he checked the oil level and it gone sky high and had diesel in it he towed me straight to the dealer. And they said they will investigate tomorrow.

This seems like too much of a co-incidence to me. My car has always had the best treatment from me and the previous owner. I would really appreciate any advice from anyone as I really like my vrs and spent a year finding the one I got. I know it's not looking good for me but looking for a little guidance. Thanks

Search for the thread Recall Shock to see what happened to mine!!!

Dealer should be putting yours right with no problems.

Simon

badly fitted injectors leaking into the sump = loads of oil/diesel

I would fuming my self, more and more complaints about shoddy dealers are appearing i cant wait to jump ship!!

I can feel your pain. I had no end of problems after my injector change - one of which was a rising oil level.

The dealer checked and rechecked the injectors and assured me all was well. I'm now monitoring my oil level and all seems to be OK - for now!

There are only a few ways diesel can make its way into the sump; the most obvious is through a leaky injector. This issue isn't a coincidence; it is as a direct result of them checking the injectors. They don't need to remove the injectors to check the part numbers and confirm if they need replacing or not but I reckon they have - and not put them back properly...

If ur injectors were the proper type then u should not have been recalled at all, also as already said the injectors don't need to be removed as the part number is on the top of them, they would only leak if removed and not seated properly again but don't quote me on that!

Mine is all good since done touch wood.

Many Thanks for all your replies.

Forgot to mention when I got it back I had a look under the bonnet to check all caps/covers were back on and there was dribble of oil/diesel over the front panel. But could this be from the rocker cover removal.

Mine has not been starting from cold cleanly since having the new injectors a month ago. Starting it up first thing in the morning it's now often extremely lumpy and smoky until I give it a blip of the throttle after which it idles properly. I'll be taking it up with the dealership today.

EDIT - Will check to see if the oil level has risen before I call them.

Looking in the new Haynes manual, I see that there are dire warnings about making sure that the new o-rings that seal the injectors in the head are not twisted when fitting them. There's even a special VAG tool available to put them on so that they do go on straight, rather than just rolling them on. So clearly they are susceptible to being carelessly fitted.

Hmmm, got my recall letter last week, making wonder whether to take it in or not.

Has the odd moment when slowing down from third gear at say 20mph as I dip the clutch of the engine cutting out, meaning a quick turn of the key. Wonder if the injector replacement would cure it, may as well take it in I suppose.

Irritatingly, mine had never had any problems like that ever. I was reticent about letting them do the recall after reading about other people's experiences and I think my concern was, sadly, valid.

Just checked - my oil level has definitely risen. Phoning the dealer...

I'm nearly afraid to check my oil now , but my cold starts are fine,it makes me think that ye have lots of excessive fuel leaking onto the pistons over night which is why ye are getting hard to start/lumpy and smoke.

Just checked - my oil level has definitely risen. Phoning the dealer...

Mine has not been starting from cold cleanly since having the new injectors a month ago. Starting it up first thing in the morning it's now often extremely lumpy and smoky until I give it a blip of the throttle after which it idles properly. I'll be taking it up with the dealership today.

Unfortuantly Nick I don't fancy your chances. I had the exact same issues after my injectors were replaced. Poor cold starting and a rising oil level.

In the end my vRS was at the dealers 21 days and they still had no idea what the problem was.

If you think you have cold starting issues now then think yourself lucky that you didn't have the problem over winter when the temperatures were a lot lower, mine was truly terrible. It's better now but I think it's more to do with the warmer temperatures rather than anything the dealer has done.

I also had Skoda UK's technical team involved who were taking advice from Skoda CZ and they still had no idea. They replaced and rechecked the injectors, checked the glow plugs, ran diagnostics on compression, cranking speeds, fuel flow etc. etc.

Not sure if you've seen this thread, I was venting my frustration on it during the height of my tale of woe!

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/189502-cold-start-problems-with-a-pd-tdi-170/

Let us know how you get on.

I'm not really sure!

Now the weather has warmed up it starts just fine. There was one morning last week when it was -2 and again it started OK. Nick's post prompted me to venture out into the car park to check my oil level just now, if anything it's too low (a third of the way between min and max) so doesn't appear to be rising any more.

To be honest I don't think the dealer was telling me everything. I reckon one of the new injectors they fitted wasn't seated properly and was leaking, this was causing the poor cold starting, the rising oil level and the reduced MPG.

The last visit they adjusted the valve timing so I don't think I'll ever know for sure. The real test for me will be next winter!

I'm not really sure!

Now the weather has warmed up it starts just fine. There was one morning last week when it was -2 and again it started OK. Nick's post prompted me to venture out into the car park to check my oil level just now, if anything it's too low (a third of the way between min and max) so doesn't appear to be rising any more.

To be honest I don't think the dealer was telling me everything. I reckon one of the new injectors they fitted wasn't seated properly and was leaking, this was causing the poor cold starting, the rising oil level and the reduced MPG.

The last visit they adjusted the valve timing so I don't think I'll ever know for sure. The real test for me will be next winter!

I really think they were filling u with bull about valve timing, if ur cam belt was even out 1 tooth the car would drive like crap and on some cars will even bend valves.

Hmmm, got my recall letter last week, making wonder whether to take it in or not.

Has the odd moment when slowing down from third gear at say 20mph as I dip the clutch of the engine cutting out, meaning a quick turn of the key. Wonder if the injector replacement would cure it, may as well take it in I suppose.

I dont think this is your injectors, iv had new injectors and all has been well (touch wood) but it has cut out on me quite a few times now and iv linked it to the DPF filling up, as it only does it when the light is about to come on. Although i could be wrong and reading the wrong signs and maybe all my other problems are linked to these new injectors but once the DPF is properly cleared i have no issues