How To Replace Cabin Filter

As in the pollen filter?

Remove the passenger side half of the scuttle cover (black thing under the wipers)... you just need a carefully placed flat edge to lever it up

Then the old filter unclips from the mounting and the new one clips in.

EDIT: just noticed you're in Panama - so it'll be the drivers side of the scuttle cover you need to remove (assuming you're left hand drive over there)

I managed to do it without removing the scuttle panel (tried to pull it but it felt like it was going to snap!). Managed to get it done in about 15-20mins. Makes getting the cover lined up a bit more fiddly but its easily do-able with patience :)

• 1 year later...

Oh i used that video guide too, while i was doing that i had to clean out loads of rotted leaves and muck, as they was blocking the drainage holes.

If you didn't you could probably have a lot of water on passenger's seat :rain:

I have this some years ago    :wall:

• 2 years later...

Replacing pollen filter without removing passenger side scuttle panel - Skoda Octavia TDI 2002.

Unfortunately I wasted a lot of time trying to remove the passenger scuttle panel without success.

After removing the rubber strip, I heated the scuttle panel with a hair dryer to make it more flexible.

To remove the pollen filter/ assembly tray I partially inserted a block of wood (approx. 40mm (deep) x 60mm (w) x 100mm (l)) between the car body and the scuttle panel under the rubber bonnet bumper because the panel is more robust at this position.

A batten (approx. 25mm (deep) x 48mm (w) x 300mm (l)) was inserted partially so that the left side of batten was clear of the right side of the pollen filter assembly.  

This created sufficient gap to remove/ replace the pollen filter/ assembly frame.

The batten on the right was also used as a lever to gently increase the space to facilitate this process.

Note: The wood used were off cuts, the more important measurements are the depth and to a lesser extent the width to allow clearance.

I cut out the new cardboard filter box and used the top to cover the assembly position of filter/ assembly frame. It was then easy to slide the new filter/ frame assembled roughly into position and remove the cardboard.

Complete assembly and locking the filter/ frame into place with the 2 front clips.

Ive changed mine a few times and last time when I put the scuttle panel back on and gave it a few thuds all was well. Next day I noticed a crack on windscreen coming up from passenger side near corner :( As annoyed as I am it's not too bad as the 15 year old screen has been coming away at corners and looks a bit poor in that regard and will if not already be a leak threat. New screen before MOT now bahhhhhh

I changed mine, panel was hard to get off and lined up properly again, but satisfaction in using the mother in laws vacuum to clean out 14 years of leaves and dirt under both sides made it all worthwhile lol