V8 maps

You can currently only buy them from a VW dealer, Skoda still have V7.2 as the latest. Downloading any copy is illegal as their is no legal download source.

Wheres the best place to buy/download Columbus V8 maps?? Found a few sites but dont look legit to buy from

Dont buy from anywhere selling them for £50(ish) - They'll just be copies. You might as well download your own copy (illegally of course!) rather than give someone £50 for downloading the same thing and then posting it to you.

If you aren't concerned by copyright issues then 5 minutes using Google should show you the way...

The odd genuine one does come up on Ebay now and again but it'll be £100+. Buying from is a 100% way to get a genuine copy if you are worried about copyright/legality etc.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone happen to know if I need to use a "Skoda" v8 maps disk, or would any VAG one work?

I have a mate getting a new VW soon and am hoping I could swipe his disk for an hour or two....

The maps are not brand specific. All the POI for each manufacturer etc is on the one Disc. When the disc is loaded the firmware instructs the disc which POI to install.

The only one's that are different are the dealerships. The rest are generic.