Fabia mkI 4x4 Turbo Petrol. (from idea to build...)

BossFox

'Which windows? :) All of them? :D (cost? :D)

All except for the windscreen. Four doors including smaller quarterlights and a rear screen from a company that do FIA approved stuff.

Cost... don't ask! :D

I've gone for the hardcoated Lexan (gives them an excuse to up the price) so it doesn't scratch easy, but it's about 50% of the weight of glass, which should help as it's obviously all in the top half of the car.

Good to see this getting back on track :-)Are you using the engine from the TT?

That's the plan.

I did consider others, but the 1.8T BAM engine should be good for 350bhp (or a little more) reliable power.

I am trying to go for power spread to make it a good track car rather than a pub talk special with big power where you are in and out of the powerband all the time.

It can always be changed later... ;):rofl:

If I can get a bit over 350bhp and get the car down to around 1250kg it'll have around the same bhp per kg as an unmodified early (09/10) R35 GTR. Although obviously without the computer nanny, high tech 4x4 system or fancy gearbox though. But at least it should be fun and surprise a few people.

All except for the windscreen. Four doors including smaller quarterlights and a rear screen from a company that do FIA approved stuff.

Cost... don't ask! :D

I've gone for the hardcoated Lexan (gives them an excuse to up the price) so it doesn't scratch easy, but it's about 50% of the weight of glass, which should help as it's obviously all in the top half of the car.

That's the plan.

I did consider others, but the 1.8T BAM engine should be good for 350bhp (or a little more) reliable power.

I am trying to go for power spread to make it a good track car rather than a pub talk special with big power where you are in and out of the powerband all the time.

It can always be changed later... ;):rofl:

If I can get a bit over 350bhp and get the car down to around 1250kg it'll have around the same bhp per kg as an unmodified early (09/10) R35 GTR. Although obviously without the computer nanny, high tech 4x4 system or fancy gearbox though. But at least it should be fun and surprise a few people.

Sounds good. You don't need all the computer wizardry though. You seem to be a very capable driver :-)

Sounds good. You don't need all the computer wizardry though. You seem to be a very capable driver :-)

You obviously didn't see the Bedford How Fast footage... LOL

I know it would be faster with more technology and DSG, I'm lucky enough to have the choice here.

So the plan is slightly less speed and more fun and driver involvement.

• 3 weeks later...