And it's goodbye from me...

Today I chopped my vRS in after nearly 3 (mainly) happy years. It has been replaced with an RS4 Avant, and I know that it will cost me and arm and a leg but I've wanted a fast Audi for ever and the planets aligned in such a way as it became possible.

Apart from the ongoing saga of dash warning lights that was finally fixed at the end of last year after a frustrating 12 months, the car never let me down and after I fitted Columbus it was the perfect spec for me. I did consider getting another one, but the replacement coming put me off a bit even though there are some killer deals out there. I still may in the future become a Skoda owner again (probably after the first tank fill up!) and I wish them well in the future.

But most of all I would like to thank you all for your help and comments over the past three years. You have been a tremendous source of information and entertainment, and one or two idiots aside, you are a great bunch too. Happy motoring! :hi:

Sorry to see you go, you still never came to a meet, you still can quite a few have Audis now and still come, I came past your house last evening , I will have to look out for it, nice car :rock:

It's a horrible world we live in at times!!!!

I would also recommend a visible deterrent like a disc lock and a drop pole in the drive

It is another problem for them, when down the road have nothing !!

I had one of the original B5's years back and it was a complete hoot. Back then not many people knew what they were and I spent half of my time baiting GTI's etc.

Lovely lovely car mate and I doubt you'll come back to the poor end of VAG ownership after tooling around in that for a while!

BTW, I can confirm your suspicions - they DO cost an arm and a leg to run!