Check oil level @ 465 miles !

I think it is a lot clearer due to the amounts they suggest topping up! We are in the dark a bit when topping up with oil... I did mine the other day, used 750ml over 5000 miles now.

I sent this threads link to them via Email @

[email protected]

& on an enquiries page that came up on

http://skoda.co.uk/g...es/default.aspx

I commented on the poor response people with very high oil consumption get and the poor owners handbook.

I will also Email the link off to some Car Magazines

& with the power of the internet Skoda UK might sort out their poor customer services and some of the Very Poor Dealerships/servicing workshops, that are the frontline for their vehicle sales.

george

Edited by sk4gw

My car used 5L in 1500miles after the piston rings replaced. Skoda customer service keep telling me the oil consumption will be higher in first 5000 miles. I ask them how high and will it make any damage but they didn't answer.

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

Edited by kopo

I didn't have any engine work, couple of consumption tests and was waiting to hear what was going to happen, the misses phoned up and put across the other issues we had with the car and they agreed it wasn't right and would replace it. They're going to have the car back, fix all the issues and sell it as a pre loved skoda !

I didn't have any engine work, couple of consumption tests and was waiting to hear what was going to happen, the misses phoned up and put across the other issues we had with the car and they agreed it wasn't right and would replace it. They're going to have the car back, fix all the issues and sell it as a pre loved skoda !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was told there will be a new technical bulletin coming out within this month.

Call customer service on 30 May but no update given .So i ask for a new engine and been told skoda never replace an engine due to excessive oil consumption.My car used 8.5L / 2700 miles after new rings, do i need to worry? Or just keep waiting?

I would go to the one that is easiest for you.

Get your courtesy car and your Warranty work done properly.

I would refer to the Post and thread down the page just now, 'Oil consumption update',

you should not be out of pocket or put to anymore inconvenience if it is a Skoda manufacturing or design fault and the Dealership failed to deal with the original Warranty work.

Just get your consumer rights & get everything in writing.

george

• 1 year later...

Worth a bump maybe.

For those Dealing with Dealers  & Skoda UK Customer Services.

Or even Warranty & Extended Warranty Underwriters.

(Show these to Trading standards or a Solicitor if needs must.)

It has been a Long Time now and lots of Engines,

Some Members here rejected Cars, and got Deals on Engine Failure Cars.

No consistent Arrangements with Skoda or VW, SEAT, Audi,

just every man/woman for their self sadly even after 4 years.

george

There in lies the problem. They are organised to frustrate , confuse and save on warranty costs. Where as we see notpulling together or organised. We just individually moan and grown and get what we can. Feed from the scrapes from the Skoda table. Sad but TRUE!

Therein lies the problem. They are organised to frustrate, confuse and save on warranty costs. Whereas we see not pulling together or organised. We just individually moan and groan and get what we can. Feed from the scraps from the Skoda table. Sad but TRUE!

Indeed.  So very different from every other manufacturer, in all industries, who invariably fall over themselves to help their customers and to make warranty claims as trouble-free as possible.  Builders are perhaps the most consistently accommodating in terms of backing up their products and services ;(

For all their undoubted faults, I really don't think that Skoda are any worse than any other car manufacturer. VAG just happen to have over-developed a highly stressed engine that appeals to people who attempt to extract every last MPH and second from it.  I'm sure that VAG and Skoda will have learnt from the experience and the Mk. 3 Fabia vRS will be more bullet-proof - I hope!

Sorry but what has the future to do with the present, and the past 4-5 years?

*The Skoda CEO announced in August that there was to be no more vRS when they produce the mk2 Fabia Replacement.*

This is now, Paying Customers bought the product they were and still are selling,

Revised Engine- Engine Management fitted late 2012.

Failing Engines 2009-2014.

1.4 TSI Dualcharger 132-136 kW engines, & also failing/faulty DSG Gearboxes.

No admission from VW, SKODA, AUDI. SEAT.

or public statement on the engines built by them failing.

Indeed.  So very different from every other manufacturer, in all industries, who invariably fall over themselves to help their customers and to make warranty claims as trouble-free as possible.  Builders are perhaps the most consistently accommodating in terms of backing up their products and services ;(

For all their undoubted faults, I really don't think that Skoda are any worse than any other car manufacturer. VAG just happen to have over-developed a highly stressed engine that appeals to people who attempt to extract every last MPH and second from it.  I'm sure that VAG and Skoda will have learnt from the experience and the Mk. 3 Fabia vRS will be more bullet-proof - I hope!

The key point I make, is that we can get a better outcome if we only organise around the common problem that affects us and not try and be to individually self centred. I thought that was one of the aims of such a site like this . As a group over the last 5 years ,as George points out ,we have singularly failed to get a satisfactory outcome for all affected CUSTOMERS.

There is strength in numbers and for some reason on this topic we have not joined forces to bring the Manufacturer to account in this case

The key point I make is that we can get a better outcome if we only organise around the common problem that affects us and not try and be to individually self centred. I thought that was one of the aims of such a site like this. As a group over the last 5 years, as George points out, we have singularly failed to get a satisfactory outcome for all affected CUSTOMERS.

There is strength in numbers and for some reason on this topic we have not joined forces to bring the Manufacturer to account in this case

Fair comment and I do heartily agree about collective pressure on manufacturers - "United we stand, divided we fall".  However, I suspect that there simply aren't enough affected, informed customers to have a realistic chance of making an impact on either Skoda or VAG.

In addition to this, I would find it quite incredible if VAG had failed to achieve a significant increase in reliability when they introduced the CTHE engine.  As I have said previously, the Mk. 3 Fabia will undoubtedly be a better car.

Despite all these depressingly negative observations, I do wish you all the best in mobilising an effective protest campaign, I fear that you will need it :(

ps - people are selfish - my problem is your problem, your problem is your problem (apologies to Dr. Richard Dawkins).

I rest my case!

But not really as members having been coming together privately so we will see.

Unfortunately,some members with early inputs have been forced to move their loyalty away from the Fabia vRS or Skoda completely by their experience . Suffering financial pain in the process.

Also the run down of MK 2 has started hence the issues that remain are centred around the CAVE Engine. Which has shown an increase in problems as mileage increases 20- 50000miles.