Is this normal....?

Paul007

I saw 18 cars waiting for a fuel fill up at 10.45pm tonight at my local "every little helps" store ? Madness. The strike (if any) hasn't been announced yet....

The lemmings are out in force....................they are the ones causing the shortages.

I saw a queue at my local Shell garage which is normally almost empty at this time of night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was behind some grade one butt brain who put a fiver into a Mondano V6 yesterday! What a grade one donkey brain! Many stations around here were shut most of today thanks to no motionlotion, and my local BP was shut yesterday at 2pm! Tesco closed at 6pm last night after they ran out!

• Like 1

Went past a garage in Rugby today, get this :

Petrol 147.9

Diesel 152.9

There were 2x Porsche 911 on forecourt

But then ,Warks is a place where fuel profiteering is rife. And Rugby has always been on the high side of that. Tesco ,Ricoh arena has one price. Tesco ,bedrock has another.But Tesco Rugby is top of the list in price. And as a result, stations all over Rugby can get away with high prices. At that price for diesel, I'd be looking at a trip to Tamworth ,for a full tank at Sainsburies at 141.9.

But then ,Warks is a place where fuel profiteering is rife. And Rugby has always been on the high side of that. Tesco ,Ricoh arena has one price. Tesco ,bedrock has another.But Tesco Rugby is top of the list in price. And as a result, stations all over Rugby can get away with high prices. At that price for diesel, I'd be looking at a trip to Tamworth ,for a full tank at Sainsburies at 141.9.

It was Texaco on A5 junction otherwise of M6

Here's a Daft question lol

If diesels are ment to be more economical etc, why is it that there was just one garage yesterday that still had diesel left? lol

Went past a BP garage that was selling petrol at 145 a litre! Went a mile down the road to tesco and got the momentum stuff for 140 lol. Diesel at the BP garage was over 150 a litre lol

Filled up yesterday at Tescos in Leyland (am not a local up there so know nowhere else) 143.9 for diesel (a whole 2p more than my normal local in Kent). No queueing, straight to the pump, filled up, came home.

270 miles on just over a quarter of a tank too (cruise control on 100kph for 95% of the run). Did notice less traffic on the road than the normal start of school holidays though.....

Luckily I don't need to fill up until Wednesday, by which time the sheep will be back in their pens and the garages will have priced their fuel back down to 'normal' when they realise that no strike means no panic buying, and people can shop around again instead of blindly bleating their way to the nearest forecourt to queue for hours behind other bleating simpletons.

Jesus, the human race is dumb :wonder: