Rallye Green Octavia

Skoda-Octavia-RS-T11-01.jpg

:)

I was watching the 'Tour of Flanders' this afternoon on EuroSport, one of the teams Octavia estates was orange.

Sadly not sure on some of the team IDs this year, but it'll either be 'Euskaltel' or 'RaboBank' (as both have a predominantly orange kit)

Scroll down & you'll find the 2 teams mentioned;

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=4803

On my way to work this morning saw a car transporter with a Rallye Green Octavia on it heading towards the Portsmouth area. Must say it was looking rather nice and stood out so much. Is this anyone on this forums new car?

I saw a 12 plate rallyle green VRS in Portsmouth this afternoon, only saw it for a few seconds as it went past me, looked very mean....

Perhaps one day....

Love the green, nice to be different to all the tediously dull silver/grey/black/white cars you see on the roads these days. :)

I agree. Just changed my vrs estate cr order from silver to race blue. I know blue is popular but felt the prospect of another silver car didn't fill me with excitement. Race blue is smart.

Saw 2 rallye green hatches in a local dealer - nice but a bit too stand-outish for me.

I can't quite believe anybody would own up to owning a Primera in the first place let alone a copper one! :-)

Why??? have you ever driven a primera gt? it was one of the best handling cars ive ever owned,was ultra reliable,great engine,good spec,was still going strong at 175k when i sold it on,colour was nice too! ;)

• Like 1

I agree with everything you've said about the Prim GT.... apart from your colour choice :D

Yeah,the orange/copper colour isnt everybodys favourite colour,a friend had the green/blue/purple colour primera that changed colour as you walked round it,now THAT is a nice colour!

The mg colour was more of a blue,the nissan colour was mainly green which changed to a blue or purple depending which way you looked at it,i doubt you could blend the paint in,id imagine a full respray would be required.Even my orange one went a different colour under street lights at night.Ihad 3 primera's a sri,a egt & the gt,all excellent cars,i do miss the gt,best overall car i have ever had.

Yeah,the orange/copper colour isnt everybodys favourite colour,a friend had the green/blue/purple colour primera that changed colour as you walked round it,now THAT is a nice colour!

TVR offered that colour too. seemingly mainly on the Cerbera & T350, they called it 'Chameleon'

A few years ago, I had a Discovery 50thAnniversary, that was pained in what was named 'Atlantis Blue', & varied dependant on the light/angle of viewing from green to blue, with some purple inbetween..

It wasn't a good colour for a Land Rover (as I did 'green-lane' with it), as all you had to do was whisper "Branch!", & it scratched!!

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1178279917047309372ejOXRL.jpeg

http://rides.webshots.com/album/79656053UaoDIU

Edited by Richard A Thackeray
  • Like 1

TVR offered that colour too. seemingly mainly on the Cerbera & T350, they called it 'Chameleon'

There was a sagaris at PH sunday service at the weekend in that colour, looked stunning in the sunshine:

_DSC0220.jpg

Picked up the green machine today.... I was unsure when I first saw it, and then for a good hour or so I was still unsure, but really liking it now... took a few hours to grow on me but more than happy now! :D

(despite being pee'd off finding I had a damaged alloy on my way home - but i've posted about that elsewhere so will bite my tongue about it!)

• Like 1

I was eyeing up a green one in Wigan yesterday; it definitely looked the part with its black alloys - are they an option?

I also have to confess to being another ex-Primera owner, a '93 eGT and a '98 Chromaflair GT - I loved both, in fact I wish I hadn't sold the chromaflair one :( http://s772.photobuc...bd1974/Primera/

Jeez' It does change color..

Top one looks too green for me and the bottom pic looks too pale..

Not sure what I should do when ordering.. I would hope one would come in to this country so as I could drive to see it in the flesh as I am sure it would look quite well

• Like 1

Jeez' It does change color..

Top one looks too green for me and the bottom pic looks too pale..

I think that has more to do with the light metering from the camera/camera phone that's taken the pictures, due to the sunlight.

The offside pic is over exposed.

here you go - couple of pictures of mine.... the light makes the car seem different colours from different angles. Direct sunlight really seems to bring the greeness out :)

imag0226pn.jpg

imag0227s.jpg

Thankyou mate, goes well with the wheels. :rock: