All cleaned up.... Happy she's back! (Large-ish pics)

Finally what can i say it has been a long five and a half weeks!! Thanks out there everyone for the kind words of advice when all these troubles started occuring. But i am over the moon with my car once again and i can now totally remember why i bought it! its such a fantastic little car, yes it may have some niggly little faults but i personally think they drive real nice! to top it off they sound great standard i say, has a nice little purrr that can instantly turn into a roar!!

Anyway back to topic, so yesterday i spent all my time cleaning it up coming from the garage who left me some nice service wash swirl marks and soap residue. So here is my thread showing my steps to getting it back to my standards! enjoy :giggle:

Autoglym package i have been saving and my Tescos £5 wash set - thanks to a member on here for spotting that one!

DSC08632.jpg

Pre wash inspection!

Dirty wheels

DSC08633.jpg

Pretty FLY!!

DSC08634.jpg

Wash N dry

DSC08636.jpg

Super resin polish application

DSC08640.jpg

Ultra deep shine application

DSC08641.jpg

Followed on by ; 1 coat of gloss protectant,PDI kit paint protectant, front end coated with Collinite 915, wheel sealant, tyre dressing.

Inside was hoovered out, dash cleaner applied and rubber mats washed + dried.

DSC08642.jpg

Ok now for some Artsy Fartsy photos.....

DSC08672.jpg

DSC08664.jpg

DSC08679.jpg

dsc08664-1.png

DSC08649.jpg

DSC08647.jpg

mmmm purple??

DSC08658.jpg

DSC08657.jpg

My Mk 1 before chopped her in!

DSC07517.jpg

DSC07518.jpg

Skoda

DSC07488.jpg

DSC07465.jpg

well i was thinking of getting rid of my beloved mk 2 vrs i must of been bloody quackers!!!! """bud dum tish!!"" :bandit:

DSC06585.jpg

Finally what can i say it has been a long five and a half weeks!! Thanks out there everyone for the kind words of advice when all these troubles started occuring. But i am over the moon with my car once again and i can now totally remember why i bought it! its such a fantastic little car, yes it may have some niggly little faults but i personally think they drive real nice! to top it off they sound great standard i say, has a nice little purrr that can instantly turn into a roar!!

Anyway back to topic, so yesterday i spent all my time cleaning it up coming from the garage who left me some nice service wash swirl marks and soap residue. So here is my thread showing my steps to getting it back to my standards! enjoy :giggle:

Autoglym package i have been saving and my Tescos £5 wash set - thanks to a member on here for spotting that one!

DSC08632.jpg

Pre wash inspection!

Dirty wheels

DSC08633.jpg

Pretty FLY!!

DSC08634.jpg

Wash N dry

DSC08636.jpg

Super resin polish application

DSC08640.jpg

Ultra deep shine application

DSC08641.jpg

Followed on by ; 1 coat of gloss protectant,PDI kit paint protectant, front end coated with Collinite 915, wheel sealant, tyre dressing.

Inside was hoovered out, dash cleaner applied and rubber mats washed + dried.

DSC08642.jpg

Ok now for some Artsy Fartsy photos.....

DSC08672.jpg

DSC08664.jpg

DSC08679.jpg

dsc08664-1.png

DSC08649.jpg

DSC08647.jpg

mmmm purple??

DSC08658.jpg

DSC08657.jpg

My Mk 1 before chopped her in!

DSC07517.jpg

DSC07518.jpg

Skoda

DSC07488.jpg

DSC07465.jpg

well i was thinking of getting rid of my beloved mk 2 vrs i must of been bloody quackers!!!! """bud dum tish!!"" :bandit:

DSC06585.jpg

Looking good wilko the package you got autoglym how much and where ?

Sorry taken so long to reply! Went out to the lake district for lunch ;-)

Seboni - about £35-45 eBay I got mine as a Xmas gift and turns out was bought for £35 quid lol!

Stu - an absolute doddle mate! the paint protectant is just a multi polymer gloss, goes on like autoglym high definition gloss. Apply leave to cure 15 mins then buff off. Do try get your paint as spotless as possible though before applying ;-)

Edited by Wilko251088

I think I will get slated by all car detailing enthusiasts here but really, I can't see the difference between a car that's had all this treatment (polishing, waxing etc.) and another one who was just washed and rinsed using your own wash-mitt and the hoses from the local wash shop. I am too thinking of buying all the necessary stuff and do it "the proper way" but I'm not at all convinced that it will look any better or to put it more accurately, not as better as the amount of time and care taken would suggest. And since visually I can't tell the difference between a car that's had all that care and one that hasn't I would assume it's something which will prove it's value in a few year's time. And then I look at my dad's 17 year old pine-green Toyota which apart from several stone chips and point-defects that have inevitably been created over all these years, it still shines like new every time it gets washed. That car has never been clayed, polished or waxed, just water with some liquid wax and that only very rarely. Better paints in the past? I don't know. Thing is If I knew my vRS would look like that Toyota after 15 years without once receiving a waxing, It would be more than sufficient a look for me and would not bother at all with detailing.

Just personal choice...

If your not bothered about swirl marks, water beading, silky smooth paint work, the satifaction of seeing the results from your hard work then local wash shop away..there is no right or wrong...A detailed car will be easier to clean subsequently, will be better protected from the ravages of weather and in my case having a flat red should look better for longer...