Great Service Offer (for me anyway)

had my 3rd service today (56k miles on an 18month old car)

after I had paid for it, the service person made an offer of the service pack. She did me a quote, and it works out £23 per month. She advised me that my next service (80k) will be somewhere in the region of £350 and as this is in 6-8 months time, I would save a fortune, and, I can cancel the plan at any time!

The plan also gives me 25% of parts and labour for other work, so when I need the pads doing, I may as well go to them to do it.

I plan on keeping the car for some time, so now all I need to do is sort out an extended warranty. Any ideas?

The Skoda one is £400 and although I have found cheaper, would it be worth spending a bit more to be covered by Skoda.

The other comapny I am looking at is WarrantyWise as they dont have a mileage limit, and they dont list parts, the 'say' everything is covered.

I bought a Skoda service pack a month ago for £200, which included two services, two mot's which include £500 insurance against any failures, AND a fifty quid voucher to spend in Skoda. Seemed pretty good to me! :)

had my 3rd service today (56k miles on an 18month old car)

after I had paid for it, the service person made an offer of the service pack. She did me a quote, and it works out £23 per month. She advised me that my next service (80k) will be somewhere in the region of £350 and as this is in 6-8 months time, I would save a fortune, and, I can cancel the plan at any time!

The plan also gives me 25% of parts and labour for other work, so when I need the pads doing, I may as well go to them to do it.

I plan on keeping the car for some time, so now all I need to do is sort out an extended warranty. Any ideas?

The Skoda one is £400 and although I have found cheaper, would it be worth spending a bit more to be covered by Skoda.

The other comapny I am looking at is WarrantyWise as they dont have a mileage limit, and they dont list parts, the 'say' everything is covered.

Isn't it cheaper just to buy into the two service deal for £299 nag get the free mot offer and mot protection? I've just signed up for this for my second and third service and it should save me a packet. :-)

I have not been offered the £299 deal. Maybe becauase I have had the car 18 months.

As I am doing such high mileage, it would most likely also not cover the MOT, as I will most likely have 120k on it by then.

Have they now stopped the two free MOT's or £50 voucher?

I have the leaflet with the offer on it from my dealer from a month or so ago but looking at the website it looks like it has now changed...

http://www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/owners/service-and-maintenance/service-plans/Pages/default.aspx

I thought this deal (£299 for 2 services) ended on 31st March .... according to the poster at Sinclair Swansea?

Well I bought the deal 2 days before that!! Sounded worth it as first service £125 and second service will be £245 AND they give you a £50 voucher !!! No brainer.